For Fatty/Soggy Face - FaceTite, or Ultherapy + Lipodissolve?

I have a small thin face (I'm not overweight) but it's quite fatty and droopy ("pudding face"). I'm 40 and everyone in my family has this predisposition. I have heavy volume sagging into the nasolabial area, and jowls with pockets of excessive fat, not just sag. I'm wondering about doing just FaceTite for tightening and some fat reduction, or as an alternative, Ulthera plus lipodissolve. Does anyone have thoughts on these ideas? Thanks very much for any input.

Cheek lifting

+2

Without a photo it is hard to say but I can say that the treatments you discuss are unproven is large series and may be of no value to you.  You might be better served by a cheek lift which is the cheek part of a facelift to elevate sagging tissues, give you a nice cheek augmentation with your own tissues, and to soften the nasolabial folds.

Can Ulthera be used for spot reduction?

+2

Ultherapy is a relatively new procedure and the nuances of the device are being worked out.  What is clear, at this time, is that the device is likely to have great application for the spot reduction of local areas of heaviness such as fullness in the nasolabial fold or jowl.  I have seen the results of spot treatment with the combination of lipo-dissolve and ultherapy and I was very impressed.  We do not currently offer this treatment.  One note of caution, lipo-dissolve can be risky in the wrong hands so make sure you have a very experienced physician doing the treatment.

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

+2

Without some posted photos very hard to advise. My guess is the therapies you mentioned are a waste of time and $'s. From MIAMI Dr. Darryl j. Blinski

Facial rejuvenation

+2

Without a photo or face to face examination it is impossible to make any specific recommendations. Non-invasive facial skin tightening procedures using lasers, radiofrequency etc. are not substitutes for the old fashioned facelift procedure. They can be of use when there are early aging changes of the face that do not warrant aggressive surgery. Patients continually want more promised and delivered for lower prices, less work, quicker recovery time, less chance of complication and less or no surgery. To some degree we have been able to deliver this but we are not computer companies we are surgeons and we cannot deliver all of this safely or reliably.

Aaron Stone, MD