Fatty, sagging pubic area?

I had lower body lift after losing over 100 lbs. with gastric by-pass. In doing so, my surgeon failed to do anything with my pubic area, which resulted in it being very fatty and sagging.

Liposuction could be the answer

+1

Hello and thank you for your question.

Congratulations on the weight loss! Unfortunately like many who lose a tremendous amount of weight, you are left with excess skin. The Mons area can be defatted and lifted. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.

Best of luck to you

Mons lift

+1

Feel encouraged, the pubic area, is definitely a very important part of the body that can be enhanced by the body lift. If you ended with saggy skin, then your doctor may do a revision and do the mons lift. The mons lift can be done through the same incision of the Tummy tuck.

This procedure is very common as part of the body transformation after weight loss, so you will end with a very nice and rejuvenated pubic area.

Have a wonderful journey.

Dr. Cardenas

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Treatment of mons region

+1

Even after a tummy tuck/body lift when the mons has been addressed (lifted) it may night last. As the skin and scar tissue relax during healing, the mons can drop again.

Akron Plastic Surgeon

Concerns after procedures

+1

should always be discussed with your surgeon and his/her revision policy explored further as most people do help tighten (may not be perfect) and elevate the mons at the same time as a lift. Your surgeon should be as motivated as you to achieve the best result possible due to social media sites that allow unhappy patients to vent their frustrations. In my experience, my massive weight loss patients all understand they will require revisions if they wish to have the bset result

Mons pubis

+1

Quite commonly I will shorten the mons pubis in at least a transverse fashion and sometimes a vertical to narrow it when I perform a tummy tuck or circumferential abdominoplasty.

Mons Pubis

+1
As you have not submitted any photos, I will give you a general answer that may apply to you. The mon pubis area can be improved by both liposuction for fat removal and skin removal for tightening. As you already have a scar on your lower abdomen from the body lift, it would be a relatively simple thing to excise skin from the mons pubis region with our without liposuction.

Fatty, sagging pubic area?

+1

Liposuction of this area with removal of additional skin will likely yield a significant improvement.

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/body-lift-photo-galleries.php

Pubis Lift

+1

A pubis lift can be done to improve on the appearance of the saggy pubis. In your case one need to examine you and see where the scar from previous surgery is and how best to improve on the pubic area.

Samir Shureih MD. FACS

sshureih@msn.com

Sagging of Mons pubis requires surgical correction

+1

You will need Monspexy to fix sagging of your Mons pubis. This operation is often required after significant weight loss. Some liposuction of mons may also be needed at same time.