I Have a Fatty Mons Pubis and I'm Considering Lipo. Are There Sexual Complications to a Procedure Like This?

I am so ashamed of the fat I have on my mons pubis. It hinders me from so many things in life. I always had a larger area of fat in that region, but I noticed a real difference after some weight loss/gain. I am about 40 pounds overweight right now. I'm dieting and exercising but I can't seem to lose in that area. I wanted to know what may be the best procedure for me. I actually have pretty good skin tone, and it's definite fatty tissue, not bone. Also, can this procedure decrease sensation?

Mons pubis fat

+2

Treatment for a fatty mons pubis may include liposuction or a pubic lift.  Patients really appreciate the benefits of those procedures.  Complications are not common, but might include bleeding, infection or seromas. 

Liposuction for a fatty Mons Pubis...

+1

Liposuction for a fatty Mons Pubis would be a perfect solution to get rid of unwanted fat.   This procedure can be performed under local anesthesia with little or no down time.  There are no serious risks involved, except for maybe some swelling and soreness.  Your sexual capabilities will not be affected as a result of the surgery.  I would try to get to your target weight before the procedure.  Make an appointment with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss your options and concerns.

Shain A. Cuber, MD

Liposuction of Mons Pubis

+1

Liposuction of the Mons Pubis area is a common procedure performed by itself or as part of another procedure such as abdominoplasty / tummy tuck or abdominal liposuction.  You will likely have temporary swelling, but no side effects which you mention.

Good Luck

David Shafer, MD

Fatty Mons Pubis

+1

Yes liposuction is the answer with no real effects on the sexual sensations in that area. This can be done under local anesthesia. 

Liposuction of the mons pubis does great and is easy to go through.

+1

Liposuction of the mons pubis is done under local anesthesia with no down time and is easy to have done.  Do it with your tummy lipo or just by itself.  there is no sensation changes for sex at all.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Suprapubic Liposuction Does Not Decrease Sexual Sensation

+1

Liposuction reduction of the suprapubic region or mons pubis is an excellent procedure that can reduce it significantly. It is a small area of liposuction so, if done by itself, it does not involve any significant recovery. It will have no impact on sexual activity or function. With the mound size down, I have had several patients comment that they have had improved sexual sensation. The skin over the suprapubic mound will be numb for four to six weeks after surgery however.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Mons pubis liposuction

+1

Mons pubis liposuction is a great ancillary procedure in the right patient.   It should not impact sexual arousal because you are avoiding the clitoral region.  It may acutally improve your sensation by removing the excess tissue around the region. 

Liposuction of the Mons Pubis is a very safe and effective procedure

+1

When ever I perform liposuction on the abdomen with or with out a tummy tuck, I always perform liposuction on the Mons Pubis if it would be a benefit. It is a very easy procedure with minimal risk or problems. In fact of the dozens of the ones I have done I have never seen a problem. However, if you are 40 pounds over weight, it would be better for you to loose your extra weight prior to having liposuction with or with out a tummy tuck. 

Carl W. 'Rick' Lentz III, MD