Can Fat Be Transferred to a Depressed Area Without Going Under General Anesthesia?

I had a buut fat transfer done . The Dr. lipo my hip too much and I specifically told him not to because I knew it would take away from my hour glass. He offered it because I had an old tummy tuck scar that had alittle bit of a dog ear but it didnt bother me so I told him not to take out fatt from my hip. I dont want to go under general anethesia again. One of my doctors have stored some of my fatt from one of my surgeries..can he add that fat to my hip with local anesthesia?

Fat grafting under local

+1

I am considered by my peers " the father of fat grafting" since I have done it for 30 years plus and was thefirst to present it in a national meeting to the California society in 1980. Of course you only need to anesthetise the donor area and the site. Easy and quickly done.I have done over 300 over the years.

Fat transfer

+1

It is possible to transfer fat under local anesthesia.It is safe and effective.Stored fat tends to have long term viability issues.

Jay M. Pensler, MD

Fat transfer under local

+1

Yes, fat transfer can be done under local anesthesia using tumescent solution that contains dilute lidocaine and is both safe and anesthetizes the region.  However stored fat has a poor viability and will generally not take as a graft and may lead to a necrotic graft.  I would only recommend immediate transfer of harvested fat vs stored fat.   

John Michael Thomassen, MD
Fort Lauderdale Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer Under Local Anesthesia

+1

I have done fat transplantation for over 20 years, many times with just local anesthesia in the face or body. Pain will not be an issue in the procedure you describe. 

Can fat be Transfered under local anesthesia?

+1

Yes, fat can be transferred under a local anesthesia technique, usually just in small amounts, i.e. to fill small depressions and imperfections. I would not recommend local for large procedures like a brazilain butt lift.

Jonathan Weiler, MD
Baton Rouge Plastic Surgeon

Yes fat transfer can be performed under local anesthesia

+1

Lipotransfer can be performed under local anesthesia for facial as well as body augmentation.  Breast augmentation with fat transfer as well as Brazilian butt lift can be performed safely and comfortably under local anesthesia.

Mario Diana, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer

+1

Fat can not be stored for later use. The fat you have stored is dead fat by now. So if that fat is transfered you will run the risk of infection and definate loss of the fat.