Will Fat Transplantation Work for Me? And Will It Stay Even if I Lose Weight?

I'm 19 years old, have size 34D breasts but they are not full due to weight loss. They look saggy and as my friend puts it,"Divorced". There's a large gap in between my breasts and even the best of pushup bras does not help. I weigh 155lbs(Not my goal weight) and I am seriously contemplating this procedure. I have not talked to any doctors about this because I'd like to gather as much information so I do not waste anyone's time! Oh! And I'm 5'7! So basically, would this be a good option for me?

Fat transfer for saggy breasts after weight loss.

+1

First of all, wait until you are at your goal weight prior to having surgery.  Weight fluctuations can make your breasts a moving target for your surgeon. 

Fat transfer is not likely going to help your sagging very much.  It may restore some volume and help the shape a little bit but it won't provide that much of a lift.

You may be better served with a lift.  If you are a D cup, you probably won't "need" implants since your volume is likely adequate.

Oh, good work with your weight loss!

Web reference: http://www.sowdermd.com/blog/category/fat-transfer-to-the-breast/

Fat Transplantation to the Breasts

+1

Unfortunately, the fat transplant alone will not be enough to fill out your breasts. You do have some viable options, though. The lack of pictures makes it difficult to say exactly what you need, but it seems that you would benefit from strategic liposuction of the breasts combined with a lift If you are seriously considering a breast augmentation, set up a consultation with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in these types of procedures. Do not feel like you are wasting anybodies’ time as consultations are specifically designed for the patient to learn more and many consults are free of charge.

Jaime Perez, MD
Breast Augmentation Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Web reference: http://www.jaimeperezmd.com/photogallery/breast-lift-7832

Fat grafting to breasts and weight loss

+1

The best breast augmentation with fat involves preparing the breast with the "Brava" system prior to the fat grafting...however, if you lose more weight, your breasts will shrink as well...an exam or photos will help to make a good recommendation.

Kahului Plastic Surgeon

Fat Graft to Breasts

+1

While fat grafts to face and buttocks work great,  I remain skeptical about breast fat transfer.    I have had 4 patients consult with me after having had fat grafting to their breasts by other very capable Plastic Surgeons that were certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery.  All 4 lost 100% of their graft.   At its best, breast fat grafting is a series of procedures (number unknown).   It is almost never a single procedure.  The expense becomes astronomical.  I suggest you work hard and get your weight to where you want it for the future.  Then have an uplift and an implant.  If you do fat grafting at an elevated weight and then lose weight you will likely lose fullness in grafted fat.  Fat grafting is a fine technique but it has many many limitations.   It is at its best in the face and buttocks.  My Best  Dr C.

Web reference: http://www.gcommonsmdplasticsurgery.com

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting to the breasts will not correct a droopy shape

+1

Hi there-

Without examining you, it would not be possible to say with confidence what your best option might be, but based on your description, I think you are heading down the wrong path...

When the breasts have lost their youthful shape due to aging and weight loss, there is usually no avoiding a breast lift of some kind...

But even more importantly, the more relevant advice I would give you is to please not spend your time and energy trying to find the operation you think you want with the idea that you will then shop for a surgeon who is willing to do it for you.

You (and all patients) will be much better served- will have a safer, more pleasing, and more successful plastic surgery experience if you spend your time and energy first finding the very best surgeon you can- someone you like and feel you can trust, and whose education, training, experience, talent, and outcomes give you confidence in their abilities... and THEN visiting them to discuss your options given your goals and starting anatomy.

Web reference: http://www.DrArmandoSoto.com

Breast Enhancement After Weight Loss

+1

Dear Dallimak:

Drooping and hollowing of the breasts is common after significant weight loss. 

Treatment options for breast enhancement after weight loss include a breast lift alone, a breast lift with implants, a breast lift with autologous implant (using your own tissues), or a breast lift with fat transfer.

In general, the most reliable option for breast enhancement after weight loss is a breast lift with or without implants. Fat transfer alone often cannot produce enough lift. There is no one procedure fits all, however, and choosing the best treatment option depends on a number of factors including your goals, needs, health, and condition.

I would advise you to see an experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation when you are close to your goal weight.

Warmest wishes,

Larry Fan, MD

Web reference: http://www.77plasticsurgery.com

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.