Fat Transfter After Lipo Made Me Boxy?

I used to have very big love handles, which made for a very extreme waistline curve, which I loved. I had lipo of my back and inner thighs, and my love handles were signifiantly reduced, I had a lot more fat there than on my waist. I REALLY miss my waistline - can I have a fat transfer done to this area to get me closer to my original shape, even after it's been lipo'd? I still have a good amount of fat, does the area the fat is taken from affect the success of the transfter?

Waist line changes after liposuction

+1

It sounds like your surgeon did not explain what was goin to happen to your waist area.   A detailed discussion always helps avoid unhappiness.   The answer to all your questions is possible.   You have a complicated problem and you may or may not be able to achieve what you wat with fat transfer.  Photos may help us but without photos we are guessing.  Fat from different areas does behave different but so far there is not a perfect area.   Fat from the stomach does tend to go up and down with weight swings whereas fat from the arms is more stable.    Get an opinion from at least two surgeons that are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and are true surgeons that are Fellows of the American College of Surgeons.  ABPS-FACS..........VERY VERY IMPORTANT!    My Best,  Dr C

Palo Alto Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer Back to Love Handles

+1

If there is sufficient fat for transfer, then this goal can be achieved.  Find the plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuctions, fat transfers, and Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fat Transfter After Lipo Made Me Boxy?

+1

Photos would help us make useful replies! (Before and after surgery)

Fat grafting to the areas in question is a reasonable approach, provided there is sufficient fat in areas that can be harvested without causing new contour issues. 

Discuss with your surgeon. All the best. 

#FatGrafting after Liposuction

+1

I see the problem youre talking about. i have corrected this in some of my patients who had the surgery done elsewhere. the truth is you can do fat grafting in the areas of liposuction its just that u have to make sure the doctor is good at fat grafting. it is a very technique dependent procedure. I can probably answer better if I had some pics of yours or if I can see u in person

Misbah Khan, MD