So I Had Fat Transfers Under Eyes for Hollows 12 Days Ago?

This is me with a bit of concealer today. Should I do something about the lumps asap or wait? Now my right eye looks more closed!

Fat transfer to the eyes

Dear Oyveynotagain,

• It is still early, but you may want to bring it up to your surgeon to see if there is anything he/she recommends
  • Are the lumps getting smaller?
  • It can be uneven and this will resolve as time goes on

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

201 South Lasky Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90212

Two Weeks After Fat Transfer Swelling Normal

Swelling and lumpiness in the undereye area is normal immediately after fat transfer surgery. It will likely resolve completely with time. It is too early to evaluate the results of your procedure.   Discuss your concerns further with your surgeon. All the  best on your recovery.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

6499 E. Broad Street
Columbus, OH 43213

Lumps after Fat Injections to the Undereye Hollows

The recovery and the aesthetic result from fat grafting, particularly in the undereye hollows, is a process that requires up to 3 months to see the final result. Lumps and asymmetries are very common in the first month after the procedure. I would talk to your plastic surgeon but this is a good time to start massaging the lumps to help them smooth out.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Indiana University Health North Hospital
Carmel, IN 46032

Fat Transfers to Tear Troughs at 12 Days

12 days after fat transfer to the tear troughs, swelling may be figuring into the appearance.  Give a little more time and see your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Lumps after Fat Transfer?

Swelling and bruising after fat transfer can last for weeks.  Especially when fat is transferred to the face.  You can gently massage the areas to help with swelling, but be careful not to place too much pressure and hurt the grafts. I usually have my patients take Arnica Montana (found in health food stores) to help with the swelling.  If you are still worried next week, you should seek the advice of your surgeon.  Good luck.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

7711 Baymeadows Road East
Jacksonville, FL 32256

Patience is important

Without seeing a picture it's difficult to know, but most likely at that time period after fat transfer it's mostly swelling. If you are concerned enough you should contact your plastic surgeon. He or she may suggest massage or other techniques to help settle swelling down, but most likely with time this will settle down.

Samson Lee, MD

1135 116th Avenue N.E.
Bellevue, WA 98004