So I Had Fat Transfers Under Eyes for Hollows 12 Days Ago?

This is me with a bit of concealer today. Should I do something about the lumps asap or wait? Now my right eye looks more closed!

Fat transfer to the eyes

+1

Dear Oyveynotagain,

• It is still early, but you may want to bring it up to your surgeon to see if there is anything he/she recommends
  • Are the lumps getting smaller?
  • It can be uneven and this will resolve as time goes on

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Lumps after Fat Injections to the Undereye Hollows

+1

The recovery and the aesthetic result from fat grafting, particularly in the undereye hollows, is a process that requires up to 3 months to see the final result. Lumps and asymmetries are very common in the first month after the procedure. I would talk to your plastic surgeon but this is a good time to start massaging the lumps to help them smooth out.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Fat Transfers to Tear Troughs at 12 Days

+1

12 days after fat transfer to the tear troughs, swelling may be figuring into the appearance.  Give a little more time and see your plastic surgeon.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Lumps after Fat Transfer?

+1

Swelling and bruising after fat transfer can last for weeks.  Especially when fat is transferred to the face.  You can gently massage the areas to help with swelling, but be careful not to place too much pressure and hurt the grafts. I usually have my patients take Arnica Montana (found in health food stores) to help with the swelling.  If you are still worried next week, you should seek the advice of your surgeon.  Good luck.

Erez Sternberg, MD
Jacksonville Plastic Surgeon

Patience is important

+1

Without seeing a picture it's difficult to know, but most likely at that time period after fat transfer it's mostly swelling. If you are concerned enough you should contact your plastic surgeon. He or she may suggest massage or other techniques to help settle swelling down, but most likely with time this will settle down.

Samson Lee, MD