Do Fat Transfers Become Smoother with Time?

Do fat transfer's become smoother with time? I had fat transfer's done to my temples to treat severe hollowing approximately one week ago for the second treatment the first treatment was done one week prior. The result seems pretty good on the left side, but the right hand side does appear to have some slight lumpiness. My doctor has told me that with time neo-vascularisation and collagen helps to smooth the appearance. I would like to know there is some credibility in this?? Kindest Regards Steve

Fat transfer healing time

+1

Dear Steve,

-Rest assured, it will improve over time

-A couple of weeks is really early for post-op swelling

-You are also dealing with the changes of the fat, some will survive, some will not

-the combination of post surgery healing and changes in the fat means that it will take several months before you can call a result final

Best regards

Nima Shemirani

Be patient.

+1

There is variability in the viability of fat within patients, and even in different sites of the same patient. So, the advice given by your physician is reasonable. At 3 months, the results should be for the most part the end result

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer

+1

In general the recommendation is to space the fat transfer by atleast 3 months. By that time one can assess if the graft has taken or not. One week is too early there is swelling from the first session, and now you have swelling from the new fat transfer.