Can Fat Be Transferred from One Place to Another and What Would the Price Range for Surgery Be?

I am a plus sized person and i would like to get surgery to make my stomach and thigh areas smaller. Can the fat taken from them be used to make my hips and butt bigger and if so what would the price range be for this. P.S ( i live in South Carolina so are there any recommendation where i could get this done.)

Hi There,

Here are a few links that may help you with your research:

http://www.realself.com/fat-transfer/cost

http://www.realself.com/brazilian-butt-lift/cost

Fat grafting to butt and hips in plus sized patient

+2

Thank you for your question.  It sounds like you are interested in fat grafting to the buttocks and hips.  This procedure involves liposuction to create a nice shape and injection of some of the harvested fat to help round out the hips and buttocks.  You could possibly be a candidate for additional procedures as well such as more extensive liposuction and/or a tummy tuck.  Cost for the procedure(s) is variable.  It will depend on the experience of your surgeon, the area of the country where you choose to have the procedure and on whether or not you opt to add additional procedures.

Can Fat be Transferred from your Belly to your Hips and Buttocks?

+2

Yes, this can be done and gives Beautiful results.  It's called the Brazilian Butt Lift.  There are a few surgeons on the east coast who perform a lot of this procedure.  Be sure you find someone who performs this procedure frequently and who has beautiful results. 

If you would like to read more about it and see some pictures, you can visit my web page listed below.

Good luck

Dr M

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

+1
Thank you for your question . 

This procedure is called a Brazilian Butt lift.The BBL procedure involves harvest fat from areas of your body where there is excess fat and injecting that fat carefully into the central zone of your buttock. In addition, it involves liposculpting the buttock to facilitate a more rounded look. The common donor sites for this procedure is your posterior waist/flanks, lateral thighs, back, waist, and anterior tummy.

This procedure should not go above $5999

Choose a board certified plastic surgeon who has done a ton of Brazilian Butt Lifts and has privileges to do this surgery at a local university hospital. This says his credentials have been checked out by fellow Drs. All surgeries carry risk, talk to your plastic surgeon and choose one wisely.

Mel T. Ortega, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Fat can be successfully transferred from the stomach and thighs to the hip and buttocks - this is typically known as a Brazilian Butt Lift

Sam Naficy, MD