Can I Have Fat Transfered to my Abdomen Where Smart Lipo Caused Waviness?

My abdomen is uneven and wavy above and around my right side of my belly button after smartlipo performed Dec 2008. Are there any reputable Dr's that specialize with fat injections/transplantation for Waviness uneveness? Someone that cares of what a belly is suppose to look like naturally.

Fat grafting after Smart lipo to correct uneveness

Unfortunately, it is unlikely that fat grafting will restore a natural appearance to your abdomen. You waviness could perhaps be improved with a tummy tuck.

880 W Central Rd
Arlington Heights, IL 60005

Waviness after liposuction

Indentations can be treated by fat injectiins but this could take several sessions. Slight amounts should be used so as not to overcorrect.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

317 East 34th St
New York, NY 10016

Correction of Skin Irregularities After Smart Lipo with Fat Transfer and/or Accent XL

Sorry to hear about your complications from Smart Lipo ("Dumb Lipo" in this case).   Depending on your examination, you may have some fat transfered, or you may have Accent XL which is a very effective treatment for this problem in many patients.

Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon

16311 Ventura Blvd
Encino, CA 91436

Fat grafts for overdone liposuction

It is inappropriate, in my opinion, to liposuction just under the skin as it leads to an uncorrectable overdone situation.  And Smartlipo promotes this type of suction telling its doctors that the heat from the laser will shrink the skin better than mother nature would have done (not proven scientifically!)  

All you can do now is visit the very best plastic surgeon in your area who has a passion for liposuction and see what can be done to lessen the damage.  

So, bottom line, don't ask the doctor to be too aggressive and get all the fat out or you will get an uncorrectable result.  Also, make sure the doctor doesn't plan to lipo directly under the skin or dents and grooves will almost surely occur.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

1135 116th Ave. NE
Bellevue, WA 98004