Second Fat Transfer - Will This One Work?

This is my second fat transfer. With the first one I had a infection and all the fat came out leaving me with a lumpy butt in a some areas. With the second one I went to a doctor with more experience. It looks great and I'm very happy, but I have a lump and I’m scared I will lose the fat again. It's been 2 month. Will I lose the fat?

+1

A second procedure will be more difficult since you had an infection. Generally the fat grafting works very well  even in multiple grafting sessions. Don't worry, without the infection this time the fat will last.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafts and fat injections

+1

some amount of fat is normal to be resorbed after fat injections. These are grafts of cells taken from one part of your body and placed in another. When the volume is significant, there may be a higher chance of failure for the cells to live in the new area because there is not enough blood flow to provide oxygen to the core of the new mass. Results of fat injections tend to be more inconsistent than any other treatment I do. I do not do buttock augmentation but do hear of different resorption rates being quoted. Multiple treatments may be needed.  Cysts can form and eventually some of the cells can die. You can add more cells to the newly living ones after giving the area a chance to settle down.

Fat grafting "lump" may signify a problem.

+1

Fat grafts are very delicate cells that need blood supply to heal and survive long term. That means placement must be in tiny droplets or tunnels of viable fate cells in a healthy recipient area. Infection, though rare, can ruin even a very-well-done fat graft procedure.

Your most recent procedure may have some firmness, but a localized lump should not result from properly-placed fat grafts. You may want to check with your surgeon to see if what you perceive as a "lump" is normal generalized swelling, or a sign of concern. Time, of course, will tell.

Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon

Fat lump

+1

Some amount of fat does get absorbed in first 3- 4months. Best is to wait and watch. The lump may need follow up to rule out infection or fat necrosis.

Dubai Plastic Surgeon

Second fat transfer to buttocks was a success

+1

Generally speaking you may lose a minor amount of volume but the vast majority should be maintained at this point in time. The lump may be an area that requires treatment but I would defer any interventions for up to 6 months.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Fat transfer to the buttock is usually successful and is dependent on the experience of the plastic surgeon and how the fat was harvested and cleaned and injected.

The formation of a lump could be many things.

1: infection

2: fat necrosis

3: Oil cyst

See your surgeon to do some testing and proper diagnosis and treatment