Does fat transfer work well for tear trough and hollows under mouth areas? (photos)

I would like to do something long-lasting and safe to fill in tear troughs and hollows on the sides of my mouth. Any suggestions?

Fat and Tear Trough

Fat can be used and would be a good long lasting choice if it all takes well, however there are many other alternative fillers such as juvederm or restylane that do very well in this area, have less downtime, are more predictable, and cost less with less risk of side effects.  I suggest you see a cosmetic dermatologist with experience in treating these areas.  I wish you the best of luck, Dr. Emer.

Fat transfer to chin and lower lids

Fat is an excellent filler for both of these areas.  Lower eyelid fat will be swollen for a week or two but if done correctly gives a nice contour to the tear trough area.  The chin area also does well with the fat.    

John J. Martin, Jr., MD
Coral Gables Oculoplastic Surgeon

Does fat transfer work well for tear trough and hollows under mouth areas?

Fat transfer to those areas is reasonable.  I did both of those areas last week.