Am I Candidate For Fat Transfer If I'm Overweight?

Can U Have Fat Transfer if You Are over Weight

Fat grafting in the overweight

+1

Fat grafting can achieve a nice in the overweight as long as the areas that are injected are volume -depleted despite being overweight.  it is not uncommon to be overweight and still have a face that needs volume.

You can have fat grafting if you're overweight

+1

Being overweight isn't a strict reason that you couldn't have fat transfer. Depending on your fat deposition you may benefit from placing additional fat in the facial region.

It is a good idea to be pretty stable with your weight before having surgery as this can affect the final result.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Yes you are a candidate.

+1

Being overweight is not a contraindication to fat grafting. In fact, your source for the graft is ideal. However, it is prudent to have the surgery when you are at a stable weight. If your weight fluctuates, this could effect the volume of the fat that has been transferred to your face. The weight gain/or loss may need to be significant to see an obvious effect, but it is still a possibility.

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Am I candidate for fat transfer if I'm overweight?

+1

You can certainly be a candidate for a fat transfer if you are overweight. Like Doctor Aldea stated, it depends on how overweight you are, and what you are expecting to get with the fat transfer. I have done fat transfers to the face on several overweight patients who felt like they have lost  volume in their faces. Depending on where your fat is deposited is also a deciding factor. I would love to give a more detailed answer but there are details that I would need to know first. Where you want the fat? and How overweight are you? Good luck on your journey,

Kindest Regards,

Dr. Young and Staff

Philip Young, MD
Bellevue Facial Plastic Surgeon

+1

Photographs and more detail would be helpful.

- HOW overweight are you? WHERE are the excess fat deposits?
- Are you at your steady weight or are you planning on gaining or losing more weight?
- WHERE were you planning to have the fat transferred to?
- WHAT are you seeking to accomplish?

To begin to answer you question cogently, we would need a lot more specifics.