Fat Transfer to Upper Eyelids?

I don't have very hollow upper eyelids. I consider them to be normal. However, I always liked the look of fat upper eyelids. This may be very unusual. Is is possible to place enough fat in the upper eyelid to make it very fat? would this be blepharoplasty or just a fat transfer?

Fat Transfer to Upper Eyelids

+4
The area between the brow and the upper eyelid crease is full of subcutaneous fat in most young people, and that fullness looks youthful.   I refer to this area as the "brow-upper lid junction," and I add fat to make it fuller in the majority of patients for who I perform eye-area rejuvenation surgery.  Take a look at the eyes of fashion models in advertisements: in most cases you actually see little to none of the upper lid.  What you see is a youthful soft tissue fullness that extends from the brow to the upper lid lashes.
As we age, this fatty fullness atrophies and the brow-upper lid junction gradually becomes hollow.  The outline of the bony structures below the brow (the superior orbital rim) becomes visible, and one begins to look older, sometimes even ill, and in advanced stages even skeletal.  In some patients that I treat this appearance is inherited and they have a hollow look at their brow-upper lid junction at a young age.  Whether it is something that was always present, something that has developed with aging, or the result of an overly-aggressive upper blepharoplasty, fat grafting of the brow-upper lid junction can rejuvenate the eye area in a manner that is simply impossible by means of standard blepharoplasty techniques.  It does not look like ‘surgery’, and patients for whom I perform this procedure return to say that their friends and acquaintances think they look great, but they can’t quite put their finger on why.
A word of caution: this is a delicate surgery that requires a fair amount of experience with fat grafting, and meticulous surgical technique.  In experienced hands a smooth, youthful and aesthetically ideal brow-upper lid contour can be achieved.  Make sure your surgeon can show you numerous photographic examples of brow-upper lid junction fat grafting.
The link to my website below shows many images of before and after fat grafting to the eyelids

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/gallery/fatgraft1.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer for eyelid fullness

+1

Honestly, I would not recommend this.  It's just not predictable enough for my taste.

Perhaps you could consider a filler injection with an HA.  They can last a long time in that area, and have the advantage of being reversible with hyaluronidase.

Fat Transfer to the Upper Eyelids is possible

+1
This procedure is technique sensitive and should be undertaken by one who does this regularly.  The upper eyelids can be unforgiving so experience is important.

Web reference: http://www.aestheticsurgerycenter.com/face/fat_transfer/

Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting to the upper eyelids.

+1

Although this is normally done to correct the hollowness natural aging promotes in many women it can certainly be done in women who have normal upper eyelids. The question is how it will look once done and this question can not be answered without looking at a photo of your present state.

Creating more full upper eyelids is possible

+1

A fat grafting procedure can be done to increase the fullness of the upper eyelids. This is a very technique-dependent procedure and typically leads to fairly prolongeed post-treatment swelling compared with fat grafting elsewhere on the face. I would be sure to consult with a surgeon who has experience with fat grafting to this specific area. After an examination they can give you a better idea if they can achieve the look you're going for.

Web reference: http://www.drlamperti.com/treatments/facial-fat-grafting

Fat grafting or repositioning for the upper eyelids

+1

In recent years, there is a change in the way in which upper eyelid hollowness is approached.  Rather than removing too much fat in a blepharoplasty which can induce a hollowed-out appearance, there is discussion of fat repositioning and fat grafting. It might leave an uneveness and should be done by an experienced surgeon.

Fat grafting to upper eyelid

+1

This would be considered a fat transfer and it could be accomplished using techniques such as fat grafting with injection or placement of lumbrical shaped grafts

Do your research before considering eyelid fat transfer

+1

Upper eyelid fat transfer has been written about and people are reporting good success however it is a very difficult procedure.  If you are considering this, do some research on line to find someone with significant experience.  There is potential for significant side effects and poor outcomes. 

Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to lower lids

+1

fat transfer to lower lids require extreme expertise, otherwise the complications are very difficult to reverese.

If your eye lid are good whay do any thing

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.