Fat Transfer to Upper Eyelids?

I don't have very hollow upper eyelids. I consider them to be normal. However, I always liked the look of fat upper eyelids. This may be very unusual. Is is possible to place enough fat in the upper eyelid to make it very fat? would this be blepharoplasty or just a fat transfer?

Fat transfer for eyelid fullness

Honestly, I would not recommend this.  It's just not predictable enough for my taste.

Perhaps you could consider a filler injection with an HA.  They can last a long time in that area, and have the advantage of being reversible with hyaluronidase.

Fat Transfer to the Upper Eyelids is possible

This procedure is technique sensitive and should be undertaken by one who does this regularly.  The upper eyelids can be unforgiving so experience is important.

Anurag Agarwal, MD
Naples Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to lower lids

fat transfer to lower lids require extreme expertise, otherwise the complications are very difficult to reverese.

If your eye lid are good whay do any thing

Fat grafting to the upper eyelids.

Although this is normally done to correct the hollowness natural aging promotes in many women it can certainly be done in women who have normal upper eyelids. The question is how it will look once done and this question can not be answered without looking at a photo of your present state.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Creating more full upper eyelids is possible

A fat grafting procedure can be done to increase the fullness of the upper eyelids. This is a very technique-dependent procedure and typically leads to fairly prolongeed post-treatment swelling compared with fat grafting elsewhere on the face. I would be sure to consult with a surgeon who has experience with fat grafting to this specific area. After an examination they can give you a better idea if they can achieve the look you're going for.

Thomas A. Lamperti, MD

Do your research before considering eyelid fat transfer

Upper eyelid fat transfer has been written about and people are reporting good success however it is a very difficult procedure.  If you are considering this, do some research on line to find someone with significant experience.  There is potential for significant side effects and poor outcomes. 

Joseph Campanelli, MD
Minneapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting or repositioning for the upper eyelids

In recent years, there is a change in the way in which upper eyelid hollowness is approached.  Rather than removing too much fat in a blepharoplasty which can induce a hollowed-out appearance, there is discussion of fat repositioning and fat grafting. It might leave an uneveness and should be done by an experienced surgeon.

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat grafting to upper eyelid

This would be considered a fat transfer and it could be accomplished using techniques such as fat grafting with injection or placement of lumbrical shaped grafts