Can Fat Transfer Make my Thin Lips Big and Pouty?

Can it look natural also? I wish they were beautiful like hers

Thanks

Fat transfer for pouty full lips

+1
Hello princess hope all is well in wonderland and yes fat transfer will give you full and pouty lips. I would highly suggest prior to doing fat transfer which lasts for years if not longer that you try a hyaluronic acid filler like Juvederm or Restylane and preview your results. These fillers usually last for over six months and with repeat treatments the overall effect lasts even longer.

Fat grafting can produce a pouty full lip

+1

Fat grafts can be placed to produce a full and pouty lip, but do expect a week of significant swelling. The fat transfers are permanent and we suggest a trial of a HA temporary filler to test out the project before you commit.

peterejohnsonmd

Fat Transfer

+1

Fat transfer will help make your lips look fuller. Because the procedure causes significantly more swelling than injectables, it may make it difficult for you to appreciate the improvements without before and after photos. We typically see that fat transfer results last years.

Marc Schneider, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to lips

+1

Fat transfer to lips is unpredictable since the lips move all the time. But, once it takes, it will last for a long time. Longest patient we have seen is 15 years. Alternatives are fillers like Juvederm or Restylane that are predictable and allowes you to choose the amount of fullness, the desired shape and the time it last.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

fillers for lips

+1

In my hands I had found years ago, despite centrifuging the fat and using microcannulae that I would not get as consistently good results, nor as long term, with fat injections than I did with collagen, and now Restylane and Juvederm injections.  In addition I get better definition with the hyaluronic acid fillers (Restylane and Juvederm).  Fat injections into the lips can cause significant swelling for weeks whereas it is usually only for a few days with Restylane or Juvederm for most patients (there are very rare severe swellings with these fillers too but last only a few days).

Ronald Shelton, MD

Fat grafting to the lips.

+1

I have done this procedure on women for more than 30 years. I hate overdone and unnatural looking lips and never put that much in. It lasts if properly done, but you will look like a duck for 2-3 weeks.

Best Treatment for Big and Pouty Lips

+1

Hi Princess,

Fat transfer can make your lips as fat and pouty as you would like.  It may be unpredicable, and require a second procedure.  It can also be too much and require some removal.  Also, if you are young, there is the possibility that with aging and weight gain, the implants can grow even larger.

For those and other reasons, you may wish to exhaust yourself and your lips with hyaluronic acid fillers such as Juvederm and Restylane before embarking on the fat transfer journey.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Fat transfers to the lips

+1

Personally, I have found fat transfers to the lips to be challenging, in terms of getting the results to last like we want, even with the Coleman technique.  You can certainly shape the area nicely, though - much like any filler.  I'd start with a HA filler, and see how you like it.  These also have the advantage of being correctable / reversible much more easily.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Lip augmentation

+1

Fat transfers don't always work if the fat doesn't "take" so the easiest way to augment the lips is with Restylane.  It's also the best place to start to see if you actually like your new bigger lips.  If you don't. the Restylane will go away.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Fat transfer to the lips can look very natural.

+1

Fat transfer to the lips can definitely look full and natural.  It is recommended you first try injectable fillers to see if you like the enhanced look before doing the permanent fat injections.