How Much Fat Do You to Have a Transfer Done? Where Do You Get the Fat From? Can the Patient Choose?

Fat needed for a brazilian buttlift and harvesting locations.

+3

What an excellent question. The American Society of Plastic Surgeons recommends that no more than 5,000cc of "aspirate" be removed during an outpatient liposuction procedure. Patients store their fat differently, and while I believe that the trunk area (abdomen, waist, flanks, back, bra area) provides the most amount of fat on most patients, I also see great success with liposuction of the thighs. It is important that you find a surgeon that you trust to be honest in telling you their recommendations and what they predict a realistic outcome would be. The patient at the end of the day is the one making the decision as to which area to harvest the fat from and may choose to harvest or not harvest from specific areas, but it is key to be able to communicate for both the physician and the patient to better determine if a patients expectations are realistic. I wish you the best of luck!

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to the buttocks

+2

Thank you for your question.    Typically you will need approximately 750 mL of fat into each buttocks. Fat is  removed from any area where there is  excessive fat. During your consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon you can definitely discuss areas that you are concern and actually choose the  area  that you want to be improved. I typically perform liposuction  in the abdomen flanks, arms, upper and lower back.

Wilberto Cortes, MD