Is Fat Transfer to the Cheekbones Permanent?

A few days ago i had a fat transfer for my cheekbones and lips and now I m reading here a lot of negative messages about fat transfer. But my surgeon said it is pernament. I know i can loose a bit of the fat but will there be some fat that stays for ever? I don't want a fat transfer every year the rest of my live.

Fat is permanent but ageing descent of tissue keeps going.

+1

Fat transfer is permanent once the fat has established its own blood flow. Please realize that does not mean normal descent of tissues due to ageing is halted because fat is present.

Fat grafting permanent?

+1

Fat that survives is permanent.  But the amount that survives is depending on your surgeon's technique.  I always prefer fat over facial implants as I feel its much safer overall.

Curtis Wong, MD

Fat Grafting Longevity

+1

Fat grafting is performed for facial rejuvenation, lip augmentation, hand rejuvenation, buttock augmentation as well as correcting post liposuction contour depressions.  The survival of the fat cells depends on the technique, regions treated and the individual.

Craig Mezrow, MS, MD
Philadelphia Plastic Surgeon