Is Fat Transfer the Only Way to Achieve the Brazilian Butt Lift?

I have an anchor booty and have always hated that the sides have never filled out. I've never been able to gain weight aside from pregnancy and have no areas to pull fat from. I'm 5'4 and my weight is usually 120-125lbs depending on how much I'm working out since muscle weighs more than fat. So is a fat transfer really the only way to do a Brazilian butt lift?

Implants May help You

+1

Gluteal shaping can be achieved without fat.  Gluteal implants can help restore shape and volume.  You may be a better candidate for that procedure.  Best wishes.

Dr. ES

Implants vs Fat Injections for Buttock Side Augmentation

+1

Seeing some pictures of what you mean by the 'sides of your buttocks would be helpful to determine if that is an area that buttock implants would help or if a small volume fat injection could adequately treat.  

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

+1

Thank you for your question, There are two safe ways to enhance your buttocks projection, fat transfer and buttock implants, if there isn't enough fat for you to achieve your expected results you can always be evaluated by a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to see if buttock implants would be the right choice for you.

Salvador Pantoja, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Buttock Enhanceement can be done either by fat transfer to the buttocks or by using Buttock Implants. This is true for the hip dents as well Either fat transfer or implants.

For fuller buttocks, fat injection is usually the best, and safest, option

+1

A Brazilian butt lift is poorly named.  It is really fat injection of the buttocks in combination with liposuction of other areas, such as the love handles.  Your problem of course is that you have limited fat donor sites (not a bad problem to have, of course).  Usually I can still find some useful fat even in lean women.  The problem with buttock implants is that the complication rate is very high.  So really fat injection is the better option, but the amount of improvement will be limited by your available fat.  Attached is a link to my website in case you wish to read more.

Eric Swanson, MD
Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

+1

Pictures or an exam would certainly be helpful.   Even thin or fit people frequently have enough fat to transfer and produce a nice change in shape.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA