Fat Transfer for Sunken Eyes, Dark Circles and Fine Lines?

Good day, I am in my mid 20's and I suffer from sunken eyes, dark circles and fine lines around my eyes. I am very disheartened by the fine lines especially. I am afaid to smile and look people in the face because it's so obvious. I have been comptemplating about a fat transfer however, I am so afaid that everyone will notice the change in my appearance, as well as the possibility that it might not be done properly. Additionally, I am not too sure how long the results will last. What shoud I do? Is having fat transfer a good decision?

Only have composite fat grafting not fat injection for dark hollows under eyes

+3

Hollow eyes causing dark circles under the eyes can be corrected by a procedure called transconjunctival arcus marginalis release and composite fat grafting (see reference below).

Fat injections around the eye are risky and often leave lumps and bumps because injected fat uses cells that are injured during harvest and injection through a syringe.

Composite fat grafting places a whole piece of healthy fat as a surgical transplant into the correct position under direct vision.

The fine lines will need to be treated with fractional erbium laser resurfacing as the fat grafting will just plump the hollow dark circle but not improve wrinkles

See before and after photos of arcus release and fat grafting for dark circles.

Hollows under eyes, dark circles under eyes

+1

Dear Vany, you ask a very good question! Many people (of all ages ) have a deep hollow under their eyes and this contributes to a tired appearance. The finer liners occur when you smile- these are 'normal' but bother some people- they are harder to correct long term- a good remedy is botulinum toxin.

The filling of the hollows can be done with a temporary filler like Restylane and a permanent filler - micro fat grafting. These are very safe procedures and give excellent and reproducible results.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Fat Transfer for Sunken Eyes, Dark Circles, and Fine Lines

+1

Hi Vany,

Most importantly you need to do your "due diligence" and find an expert physician with experience with injections of fillers, including fat transfer to the delicate lower eye area.

You can have Restylane injected first to see if you like the effect, and get used to how it looks. Once you are pleased with temporary filler, you can then schedule the fat transfer.

Fat transfer performed properly will last permanently, hence you need to find an expert.

Be well, good day.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD