Fat Transfer to Inner Thighs - When Can I Exercise Again?

I had lipo 3 months ago where I got excesively treated my inner thighs, now I had fat transfer from my stomach to my medial inner thighs, when can I exercise again? Please respond. Thanks!

Exercising after Fat transfer to Liposuction Depressions of Inner Thighs

+2

Regarding:  "Fat Transfer to Inner Thighs - When Can I Exercise Again?
I had lipo 3 months ago where I got excesively treated my inner thighs, now I had fat transfer from my stomach to my medial inner thighs,
when can I exercise again? Please respond. Thanks
!"

This question should really be asked of your last surgeon. Only he/she knows what was done, how it was done and when he / she would be comfortable with movement in this area.

To make it more general, I would like to explain what happened and let the readers draw their own conclusions. There is a huge difference in the appearance and results of liposuction of the inner VS. the outer thighs. While the outer thigh skin is VERY well attached to the underlying muscles and the fat is traversed by fibrous tissue which holds the fat in small compartment it is much harder to cause thigh sagging by liposuction and harder to remove too much fat off the outer thigh. The reverse is true with the inner thigh. Here there is little attachment of the skin and fat to the inner thigh musculature. As result liposuction of this area is notoriously hard because fat removal empties the skin, which without dense anchoring to the muscles, sags immediately, creating folds and pleats. Removing fat from the layer just under the skin results in either depression or even in the classic "shark bite" deformity.

The area also suffers from relatively poor concentration of blood vessels which may make fat grafting in this area less predictable.

The sucess of fat grafting depends on placing live fat in an area with a good blood supply which will NOT move to allow blood vessels to grow into the grafts and keep them. If after grafting the area is moved and shear forces take place then there is a higher likelihood of graft failure. For this reason we "splint" fat transfer / grafted areas with compression garment. The pressure cannot be too high to the point where it lowers blood supply but it must resist excessive movement to allow graft take.

Now - HOW successful do you think YOUR fat grafts will be when placed in a scarred bed (from the first lipo) which naturally does not have a great blood supply and now you are considering subjecting them to exercise related shear forces??? Do you understand?  You need to discuss it with your surgeon.

Dr. Peter Aldea

Exercise after fat injections

+1

Please ask your surgeon. They should be the one to tell you as only they know how much fat was injected and at what depth or how many planes. Some exercise may help increase circulation and allow the fat to take better, whereas resuming too early may increase the chance of the fat not living as well.

Ronald Shelton, MD