Fat Transfer/stem Cell Breast Enhancement for Thin Women?

I was wondering if there was a way (or a way coming soon?) where thin women with little extra fat could get fat transfer/stem cell breast enhancement.With stem cell implants do you NEED extra fat like fat transfer? Could you grow the fat with the stem cells? I am not interested in implants. THANKS :)

Fat transfer

+1

We believe that there are stem cells within the fat cells that are used for fat transfer. You however will only have modest enlargement.

Stem Cells for Breast Growth

+1

At this point, stem cells should not be offered as a substitute for breast augmentation with implants.  Fat grafting is done routinely in breast reconstruction.

Stm cells and fat transfer

+1

Stem cell breast enhancement is only a theoretical possibilty at this point.  Be aware that many unscupulous people are using the catch phrase "stem cell" to dupe people into ineffective surgeries.  Fat transfer is currently being done for a modest breast augmentation.  It is not as drmatic as an implant augmentation.  You need at least 150-250 cc's on each side.  Long term results vary.

Talmage Raine MD FACS
drraine.com

Talmage J. Raine, MD

Stem Cell Breast Augmentation?

+1

Although stem cell breast augmentation may be a possibility in the far future, I have not heard/read about it becoming a reality anytime in the near future.

Stem Cells/Fat Transfer and Breast Augmentation

+1

Fat transfer has some use in plastic surgery at this time.  Some surgeons are using it for enhancement of reconstructed breast and as a cosmetic facial filler.  The jury is still out on fat transfer into normal breast tissue.  Stem transfer is experimentally based at this point in time.  It is not FDA approved.  If you do not desire implants then I would focus on other things that are important to you.

Dr.ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Fat Transplantation in the THIN pATIENT - Dr Del Vecchio

+1

Fat transplantation for breast augmentation is possible in thin patients.  Patients as low as 110 pounds have had increases of 250 cc of volume in the long term.   Although liposuction, invented in the 1980s, was originally only designed to treat areas of "localized fat".  newer technology canulas and improved operative strategies allow us to find sufficient amounts of fat in slender patients.

Growing cells of any kind outside of the body for human re-insertion is highly regulated by the FDA and is currently outside the scope of the legal practice of medicine.  For now, your own fat will have to do.  But the good news is usually we can find it-I have attached a paper I published this month in the Journal of Plastic Surgery-  note the thin patients who had their implants removed and replaced with their own natural fat...

Best Regards,

Daniel Del Vecchio, MD

Daniel Del Vecchio, MD

Fat Grafting for Breast Augmentation.

+1

Although this is a very good option for patients looking to go up a cup size, you do need a sufficient amount of fat to extract from the abdominal region for this surgery.  Fat is seperated using only a portion of it to reinject. Not all of the fat we extract is reinjected as the good fat is taken out.  Unfortunately at this time thin women with very little fat  are limited to implants with silicone being the most natural looking.   

Fat transfer or stem cell transfer for breast augmentation

+1

First, there really is no such thing as a stem cell transplant.. but it is a great marketing tool!  Fat transfer has been performed by some surgeons for breast augmentation.  I am still on the fence to offer it to my patients.

Fat transfer for breast enhancement

+1

Fat grafting for the breast enhancement is reality and works well if done properly. The main question is if you have enough fat for harvesting and your expectations are realistic. fat grafting can enlarge you one cup if you have enough fat to donate. I have been doing fat grafting not only for breast enhancement, but also for the implant failure patients.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Fat grafting to the breast for thin women remains unrealistic

+1

There is a growing interest in using your own fat (autologous) to augment the breast. With considerable effort, even in lean patients sufficient fat can usually be harvested from multiple sites on the body to achieve a modest enhancement in the breast size. Trauma to harvest fat from multiple sites has risks and complications as well. However, even if enough fat can be harvested, the results of this procedure remain inconsistent. Some improved fat graft survival is being achieved with expanding the breast using BRAVA for several weeks prior to the procedure.

Although stem cells are relatively rich in some fat grafting techniques, we do not yet know if this makes any difference to the final outcome. Claims that stem cell fat augmentation is currently no more than wishful thinking and speculation.

Mathew C. Mosher, MD
Vancouver Plastic Surgeon