Risks of Fat Transfer for Lower Legs?

I'm getting fat transfer to my lower legs. Are there any dangers I should worry about (such as infecton) to prevent injuries? Also, how long do you recommend for me not to drive after getting the operation?

Risks of fat injection to legs

+4

Don't drive until you are completely off pain meds.

The risk of fat injections to the legs include but are not limited to infection, bleeding, fibrosis, nodularity, scarring, fasciitis, overcorrection, undercorrection, hyperpigmentation, irregularities, ulceration, edema, pain, numbness, tingling, liquefaction necrosis, need for subsequent secondary revisionary procedures, and inability to predict a specific cosmetic result.

Risks of fat transfer

+1
Risks of fat transfer include all the basic risks associated with any surgical procedure, plus risk that are specific to fat transfer and liposuction.  These include increased risk of deep venous thrombosis and pulmonary emboli, fat emboli, fat necrosis, skin contour irregularity, asymmetry.  There is also risk of injury to the deeper tissues by the liposuction cannula.  All of these are potential risks.  You can lower the chances of anything going wrong by finding a board certified plastic surgeon who performs a lot of liposuction cases.
Sincerely,
Martin Jugenburg, MD

Martin Jugenburg, MD