Fat Transfer Vs Restylane?

A plastic surgeon recommended fat transfer for under my eyes since i have deep hollows extending into cheek area. I am 20 years old. He said its heridatary since i am too young to have them. I just want to know which offer better results restylane or fat transfer? Does one offer a better result than the other ?

Fat transfer is dangerous in your age group

+3

I personally think fat transfer would not age well for someone like you as you get older and the fat changes as your metabolism does.  In general I do not perform fat transfers in people early than their mid-30s.  I literally wrote the book on it, Complementary Fat Grafting.  It is my specialty.

best,

sml

Dallas Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer to lower eyes

+1

I perform a number of lower eyelid procedures each week.  I don't feel that any type injectable provides a long lasting results.  I can achieve the same goals with fat than I can with injectable, but better!  

Richard Ellenbogen, MD

Fat grafting in the face

+1

I completely agree with Dr. Lam's response.  Fat grafting to the face in young people is not a good idea do to fat aging poorly.  Specifically, if you gain weight as you age you can have a disproportionate amount of fat in the areas that have been grafted.  I have seen this many times in all areas of the face in those who had fad grafting before their mid thirties.

Leif L. Rogers, MD, FACS

Tear trough

+1

If this is the first time you have the tear trough filled, then I would use Restylane. If you like the results then fat transfer the second time around is superior. But has to be done by an expert, fat is not as forgiving as Restylane