Fat Transfer Removal

I had fat transfer to the cheek area and unfortunatly too much was placed above Zygoma area (cheek bone). I have protruding humps for cheek bones. I am reluctant to send many photos as I do not want some people to see me looking like this. Can this fat be removed? It has been over a year and I feel like the fat is not going away. The fat was taken from my abdomen. I have not gained or lost weight. What is the best way to remove this?

Fat Transfer

+2

Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an evaluation and determine the best course here.  Fat removal is a very delicate surgery in this area so be very patient with the recommendations.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Reversing fat transfer

+2

Fat transfer can be "reversed" via steroid injection, surgery, or liposuction. Generally, conservative, repeated steroid injection is the best choice unless there is gross overcorrection.

Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Steroid injections may help

+2

It is possible to cause atrophy [shrinkage] of fat with local injection of steroids. This can be unpredictable and may require multiple attempts. Removal can also be attempted though it may require direct incision and can be a challenging process.

Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat transfer

+2

This time seek a better surgeon.

Some of that fat over the zygomatic arch may be removed by careful liposuction, You may need a face lift as well to do liposuction under direct vision for the superficial fat. The temporal branch of the facial nerve passes over the zygomatic arch.