Can Fat from Fat Transfer Migrate to Other Areas?

I have fat trasfer on cheeks and smart lipo on jowlines/neck. Please help, I can't find support from my own doctor. he said need to wait 6 months to a year...wont answer any questions...

I'm very concerned that the fat that was injected to my cheeks moved to my jawline and neck. Is this possible? I look the same as before surgery or even fatter than before, my face look round now, no shape, because my cheeks are fat and no jawline and fat turkey neck. Is it possible that the fat moved to my jawlines after other fat was removed?

Fat cannot move

+2

No. Fat cells cannot migrate or move from one area to another. If they survive after being injected, it is only because they have become attached to their blood supply which is keeping them alive. They cannot detach, move to a new location, then reattach. I would assume that some of the fullness of your face that you are concerned about is swelling. It usually takes about 3 months for the swelling to be gone. I would recommend that you wait a few months.

Fat transfer migration

+1

Is it possible -YES! But is it probable - NO!! Fat transfer if done correctly, that is the catch word- correctly, WILL NOT MIGRATE. Was the injecting doctor a plastic surgeon? And please describe the operation.

Regards from MIAMI Dr. B

Fat does not Migrate or Run

+1

Successful fat grafting results in the fat "planting roots" and become a stable entity with its own blood supply. As such it does not move of run anywhere.

Fat transfer can migrate

+1

I am very surprised at the relationship with your surgeon. As a Plastic Surgeon my role is to educate the patient before and after surgery about the procedure and the healing process.

Is your surgeon a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON?

He/She has a moral and legal obligation to answer all your questions. How did you choose him/her?

Now, Yes the fat transfered can migrate if massages or pressure is put on the area as in sleeping in cases of fat transfer to your face.

It could be too early and this is swelling. So waiting at most 6 weeks is reasonable for swelling if the jowles are still there then they are permanent.