Lumps Under Eyes After Fat Transfer

I had fat transfer under my eyes over a year ago. The plastic surgeon overfilled this area and now I am left with bumps under my eyes. He has tried moving the fat and liposuction. Three days ago, I had a hyaluronidase injection. How long does it take for this injection to work? Does this injection work on your own fat? If not, what should I be requesting the surgeon to do. I am tried of looking this way.

Local injection treatment

+1

The lumps are either excess fat or scar tissue or combination of the two. The eyelid skin is very thin and they can become visible in this area, as in your case.

Prior to surgical excision, it is best to inject them with steroids (or antiscar medicine). They are likely to get smaller, if not completely resolved, with the injections.

Beverly Hills Oculoplastic Surgeon

Ask your surgeon if it is helpful to perform direct excision of the fat.

+1

After a year, you are seeing higher persistence of fat in certain areas. The best solution in my opinion, assuming there is a small bump due to overfilling, would be to make a small incision and remove the excess. Liposuction would have to be using very small cannulae and as such, it is not very effective

Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon