Fat Transfer to Lower Leg? (photo)

due to spina pevida, i was born with undeveloped muscle in lower right leg. due to high skin tonicity, calf implant was found to be not suitable while fat transfer is the only option. i have done 2 fat transfers in the last year and i hardly see any difference 3-4 months after the operations. in the first operation - ~150cc entered while in the second one ~120cc. is there any option that skin tonicity is so powerfull that i wont see any difference also after third operation?

Fat Transfer to Lower Leg

Is there a difference between preop and postop?  I think that maybe there is.  Fat grafting is technique dependent, and you may need more transferred or more transfers.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs fat transfers hundreds of times per year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fat graft to calf

Looking at your photos, if the left is pre and the right is postop, I think you had a good result. The views are limited. I would talk to your plastic surgeon and review more views of the leg pre and postop. With fat grafting, it is not unusual to require 2 to 3 treatments to reach your goals, and I find that with each subsequent procedure, take is better each time.  I have had some good results in this area to repair postoperative scars.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Fat grafting to the calf - not reliable

There is so much skin tension in this part of the body, I would no expect much of a result with fat grafting. This is a frustrating problem for patients. I don't think I would personally recommend any additional fat grafting procedures in your case.