Fat Transfer to Lower Leg? (photo)

due to spina pevida, i was born with undeveloped muscle in lower right leg. due to high skin tonicity, calf implant was found to be not suitable while fat transfer is the only option. i have done 2 fat transfers in the last year and i hardly see any difference 3-4 months after the operations. in the first operation - ~150cc entered while in the second one ~120cc. is there any option that skin tonicity is so powerfull that i wont see any difference also after third operation?

Fat Transfer to Lower Leg

+1

Is there a difference between preop and postop?  I think that maybe there is.  Fat grafting is technique dependent, and you may need more transferred or more transfers.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs fat transfers hundreds of times per year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Fat graft to calf

+1

Looking at your photos, if the left is pre and the right is postop, I think you had a good result. The views are limited. I would talk to your plastic surgeon and review more views of the leg pre and postop. With fat grafting, it is not unusual to require 2 to 3 treatments to reach your goals, and I find that with each subsequent procedure, take is better each time.  I have had some good results in this area to repair postoperative scars.

Michele A. Shermak, MD

Fat grafting to the calf - not reliable

+1

There is so much skin tension in this part of the body, I would no expect much of a result with fat grafting. This is a frustrating problem for patients. I don't think I would personally recommend any additional fat grafting procedures in your case.

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS