Fat Transfer to Correct Liposuction Outer Thighs Results?

I had Liposuction of outer thighs done over a year ago, and I feel a little too much fat was taken out. I read about fat transfer and was wondering if that would be an effective solution.

I have a little muffin top on my stomach which has about the amount of fat I would like put in the missing area of the thighs. Would that be sufficient? Or is there a need to over-inject? (I know some of the fat may not survive). Is there a risk of the filled area being lumpy or uneven? (I don't want the risk of making it worse than it is). Also, what is the average cost of this type of procedure and how common is it? Thank you!

#fatgrafting

+1

Fat Grafting using your own fat is a great way to fix post-liposuction defects. the procedure is easy to perform and can be repeated if needed.

Fat transfer to fix lipo problems

+1

Fat transfer can be used to fix contour irregularities due to over-resection with liposuction. Seek out a board certified plastic surgeon with experience in this field.

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/fat_grafting_body.php

Correcting Lipo deformity with fat transfer

+1

Fat grafting/transfer is the best way to correct liposuction deformities and depressions. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to help correct this problem.

Fat grafting to correct liposuction results

+1

fat grafting is the best way to correct contour depressions after liposuction, whether in the face, neck, or body.

Web reference: http://www.seattleface.com/html/fat_injection.php

Fat transfer to correct liposuction results

+1

Although it is possible to correct liposuction depressions and deformities with fat grafting, it is a very tricky procedure. Keep in mind that whenever we transfer fat from one area body to another, approximately 20 percent of it will melt away on its own. Unfortunately, we have no way of determining what 20% will go away. For this reason, it is tricky to crack a depression when fat grafting and determine exactly how much is necessary to correct the depression not to cause another lump.

Fat transfer will correct liposuction dents.

+1

Hi.

1)  Fat transfer or fat injections are the only way to correct hollows and dents caused by liposuction.

2)  When done with good technique, about 85% of the transfered fat survives.  So we overcorrect slightly.

Fat injection can help correct your post-liposuction deformity

+1

Fat injection can be used to improve the contour of your outer thighs. It is a relatively new procedure and it is important that it be performed by someone who has enough experience with the procedure.

Several factors contribute to achieving success:

1) Proper gentle technique in handling the fat

2)Correct amount being placed in the correct location. I would advise against over-correction as this may be hard to gauge. Instead, be prepared for a revision or touch up if needed. The key is to "improve" the contour. The surgeon must be mindful of the change in contour between standing and laying down positions.

3)Correct placement technique requires a meticlulous approach placing small amounts in multiple tissue planes to increase the chance of fat survival

4)Intrinsic factors related to the host (general condition of your fat cells and the recipient area)

There are risk associated with this procedure, as you mentioned, one being potential irregularities. That is why it is better not to over-correct .

Santa Monica Plastic Surgeon

You are on the right track.

+1

In liposuction, it is not what you remove, it is what you leave in that counts, and you understand this. The frustrating thing is that after fat has been over-resected, it is hard to plump it up again.

In general, it is possible to do fat transfer to correct low spots. It is usual to over- treat due to the fact that some fat will die over time, while some will surviev. One nevre knows how much will survive. It is also usual to expect ath more than one treatment will be needed.

Whenever you do a procedure, one risk is that it could be made worse. It could wind up lumpy and bumpy, but I don't think that the risk would be too high. I would recommend that you speak frankly with the surgeon to ascertain his comfort level, success rate, and, technique, to ensure success.

Best to you.

scottkinfw@msn.com
www.drkasden.us