Fat Transfer to Correct Crater Deformity After Liposuction

I had liposuction of abdomen and chest. The results were bad and not to my expectations. I was left with crater deformities behind the nipples. Would fat graft help to fill in the crater? Has anybody done this? What are my options? I am planning to undergo Laser Lipo to overcome the contour defects followed by fat grafts. Thanks for your help.

Liposuction "craters" corrected with fat transfer

+1

Hi.

Fat transfer can definitely correct dents or craters which are complications of liposuction. Technique is very important for the injected fat to last.

Fat grafting is your best option

+1

I think fat grafting is your best option to correct the deformities you describe.  Although I perform laser liposucton and the Accusculpt laser is great for gynecomastia, this would be unlikely to correct crater deformities.

W. Tracy Hankins, MD

Dermal Fat grafting

+1

I have done both (lipoinjection and dermal fat grafts) for gynecomastia and I prefer dermal fat grafting. However, in one case, it actually was more successful than I had anticipated and I had to go back and do some liposuction to remove the excess fat. In some instances, it may require both.

It may take more than one session so be prepared.