Will Fat Transfer to Legs and Ankles Go Down More?

I just had fat Grafting on my lower leg and knee 2 weeks ago, cause the were bony. But to be honest they still a bit bruise and my feet are swollen. But my concern is that the very first days they looked very nice, but they had gotten a bit smaller, you think they will still reduce more? If I am not 100 percent happy with the result, can I ask the doctor to do a touch? he charge me $9000. I am scared he tells me I have to pay again?

Only a small amount of fat will survive when placed in a thin tissue bed.

+2

Whenever fat grafting is performed, the area that receives the fat will be swollen and will have many fat cells in it for the first couple of weeks that will probably not survive. In most cases, the swelling and fat cells which didn't survive will be totally gone by about 2-3 months. Most of the volume will go away (shrinkage) during the first couple of weeks. But, there will probably still be additional shrinkage for up to 2-3 months. Whatever size you have at that time will likely be permanent.

The area that you had grafted will likely not see a tremendous increase in size with one treatment. The tissues of that area are too thin for a large volume of fat survival. So, I would expect a second and/or third procedure if you want a significant increase in size.

Fat transfer to legs and ankles go down more

+1

We do not know the policies of your chosen surgeon. But happiest is one of the most important issue in a cosmetic patient's relationship with the surgeon. DO NOT be afraid go discuss. What is the worst that can happen? You can leave the office unhappy. From MIAMI Dr. B

Fat injections to the lower legs

+1

Fat grafts or fat injections are sometimes done in a series of treatments as only some percentage of the fat lives after each transfer. Your result probably will continue to decrease slightly over time.

Ronald Shelton, MD