I Had Fat Transfer in my Face Area is It Normal to Not Resemble Yourself? I Look Freakish It's Been 9 Days?

I'm a 41 year old black women who did this the preserve my looks. However, I wake up cring everyday since the surgery because I don't look like myself at all. I have a Hugh watermelon head a full cheeks.. How long will you not look like yourself?

Nine Days Post Fat Transfer to Face

+2

Swelling is normal 9 days after fat transfer to your face. Your description suggests that you have more swelling than normal but you must be patient at this time. Sending pictures would help us to respond to your concerns. Discuss this with your physician.

Swelling at 9 days

+1

Some surgeons 'overcorrect' with fat injections since typically only 50% of the fat stays long-term.  This over-correction plus swelling could be the reason why you are so puffy.  It will surely improve with time

Sam Naficy, MD

Swelling...

+1

There is likely still significant swelling present. In addition, about half of the fat that is injected will likely not survive. So we tend to overfill to some degree in anticipation of fat atrophy.

At three months, you'll have a good idea what your results will look like.
Be patient

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon