Why Has Some of my Fat Transfer Gone Hard Almost 1 Year Later

I have 2 very large areas of hardened fat, namely the cheek and buccal areas. All the fat seems to have clumped together and it's visible through the skin in the cheek. This area is like a big hard panel that moves up and down when I smile. My face feels stiff and tight. I'm convinced the hardness has got worse more recently. I'm unaware of anyone else who has experienced such a problem beyond lumps, etc. and wondered if there was a medical explanation as to why it might have occurred? thanks :)

Issue of Hardness following Fat Transfer

+3

The first thing I’d want to know is are you sure it was fat that was placed in your skin? It’s unusual for fat to turn into hard scars or lumps underneath the skin.  Have you had any other products placed in the cheek or cheek area?  I would have your skin evaluated by your dermatologist or physician to determine your condition.  In the mean time, aggressive massage is a good place to start.

Palm Springs Dermatologic Surgeon

Fat Transfer

+2

This can be due to the fat being fibrotic and loss of adequate blood supply, or possibly some scar tissue.  See your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for a consult.

Vivek Bansal, MD
Danville Plastic Surgeon

Fat Injection to Face

+2

I would definately seek the plastic surgeon who perfomed the procedure. The fat may have died and should be removed.

Leo Lapuerta, MD

Fat Transfer

+2

You either have poor injection technique or have fat necrosis.

consult a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON( AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURGERY)