Is Fat Transfer from Arms + Upper Back to Love Handles a Viable Solution?

At 23, I bought a spa package that advertised treatments that “burned fat” called Ultrasound. Unaware that this was a form of lipo & is permanent, this was nonchalantly done on my hip-illusion love handles. Post 6 months, fat has returned to my arms + back. Having been duped by a cheap cosmetic spa, I’d like to know if I can return to my old self via fat grafting from arms to love handles. Or are there other solutions? If I get more ultrasound on my arms + back, will the fat return to my belly?

Fat Transfer To Correct Liposuction From Spa

+2

Dear Juliabars in Tacoma, I am sorry to hear that you got a treatment that you did not understand with a result you do not like.  Unfortunately medi spas can blur the line between medicine and pampering feel-good tratments that are temporary. Medispas often  have providers who lack good training in plastic surgery. A spa is not an appropriate place to do surgery. I can understand why you felt "duped." There may be ways to improve the result that you dislike.  It may be possible to transfer fat from some place where you have too much to restore shape where you have too little. An in person consultation would be needed to assess the problem.

Fat Transfer After Ultrasound Fat Removal

+1

If you are trying to improve your arms and back, then liposuction is reasonable. If you are trying to replace fat taken from the love handles, then any source of fat can be used. The effects of more ultrasound on your arms and back are hard to predict.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

+1

It is possible but an in person evaluation by an expert fat grafting PS is needed. Best to find these types of docs in your area. 

"Spa treatment" questioned as source of fat

+1

It would be highly unusual for a "spa treatment" to change any amount of fat in your body significantly. Next time, consult with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area regarding this type of issue.

Donna Rich, MD