Does Fat Transfer for my Lower Eye Fix my Hallow Eye? (photo)

im 32 years old ,i weight 126 lb, ilost alot of weight , but now my face looks tired , and smile lines very wide, ifeel like ilook older than 32 , does fat transfer on my lower eye and smile lines best choice for me?

Fat for under eyes

+2

Filler frequently gives a blue cast or shadow when used under the eyes(Tindall effect) Which in most cases is worse than the hollowness.In no way does it last a year.Fat grafting performed by an experienced plastic surgeon fat grafter will almost always produce a perfectly natural result that lasts semi permanently. It is all in the hands of the surgeon whether it is a good result

Weight loss does lead to a thinner face.

+2

This is not an uncommon finding in patients who have significant weight loss. When you lose a lot of weight, you also loss facial fat which can lead to a more hollowed, tired appearance.

Fat grafting is an excellent way to address the problem. One thing I would caution is to not do the fat grafting when you are at your thinnest. You should be at your most stable weight when you do the grafting. So if you think that 126 lbs is going to be your stable weight, then that's fine.

You could try using fillers [Restylane or Juvederm] which is a more temporary solution, until you are at your stable weight.

Make sure you find a surgeon that is experienced in both these techniques.

Good luck

A.J. Amadi, MD
Seattle Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat transfer is used for this purpose.

+2

However, fillers are a better way to go.  No surgery is required and the treatment effect can easily last a year and in some cases 2 years.  The key is to find an experienced injector.  Like fat transfer, one of the more common potential problems is lumps and bumps.  WIth fat grafting, this requires a surgical fix.  With fillers an injection of enzyme corrects these minor issues.

Lower Eyelid Fat Transfer

+1

Fat transfer to the lower eyelids is a common procedure.  The fat in the lower eyelids are usually repositioned to fill in the low area.  If a patient is having her upper eyelids done at the same time, the needed fat can be moved to the lower eyelids.  This is usually an outpatient procedure.

Robert E. Zaworski, MD