what is the degree of augmentation that is achievable with fat transfer for recessive chin and how it compares to other fillers?

A doctor recently offered me this and I was curious because I cannot find any before/after pictures online. I am curious of the degree of augmentation that is achievable with fat transfer for recessive chin and how it compares to other fillers like radiesse.

Chin Enhancement Options

+1
Nonsurgical options include the range of volumizers including Radiesse, Voluma, etc. These will provide reasonable augmentation of the chin. Fat grafting is an option, but does require surgery. Fat grafting success is based on the care taken during fat harvesting, and the techniques used to place the graft. As a consequence, the degree of augmentation is more variable based on those technical factors. Other surgical options may include prosthetic chin implants, and even chin advancement (if indicated).

Fat transfer for chin

+1
Not many surgeons augment the chin with fat alone.  It is not as predictable as a chin implant or genioplasty.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon.

Donald Nunn, MD

Chin augmentation with fat graft

+1
The soft tissues ofer the chin are quite stiff and don't stretch out well with a fat graft. I am curious who would recommend this to you. Was it a surgeon board certified in plastic surgery?

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Recessive chin augmentation

+1
The recessive chin is due to bony deficiency, not a fat deficiency. In our practice ,we perform chin implants to augment the mandible and chin. Chin implants are manufactured in a variety of sizes and shapes, are composed of Silastic, and are inserted through a sub mental incision, under local anesthesia.

Fat for chin augmentation

+1
Keep looking to find a result. If you find an example see if you can see or talk to the patient and get the patient's opinion. It makes little sense to correct a problem of firm bony deficiency with a soft substance like fat. Surgical implantation of a Silastic chin implant is  the treatment of choice by far in my opinion.

Sheldon S. Kabaker, MD
Oakland Facial Plastic Surgeon