Will I Achieve Hour-glass Figure with Fat Transfer to my Hips?

I have a rather large butt but with very narrow square hips. If I get a "brazilian butt lift" for my hips, will it give me an hour glass shape?

Keep in mind I do not have much abdominal fat. I just have thick thighs with alot of inner thigh fat. Would this fat distribution be enough to give me good results?

The hourglass figure

+3

Good hourglass figure results generally require agressive liposuction of the waistline and lower back in order to create a prominent buttocks that is commonly referred to as a "bubble butt". This requires liposuction of the waist line from the front and back. Furhermore, the hourglass appearance requires a large bustline as well.

Achieving an Hour-glass Figure

+1

Multiple studies have demonstrated that a waist to hip ratio of 0.7 is attractive across most ethnic groups and has been associated with greater health and fertility. This has not been a secret and for centuries women tried to reach this magic number with clothes which narrowed their waist (such as radical girdles) and dresses with wider hips.

The waist can be narrowed with either a Tummy Tuck and tightening of the abdominal muscles, aggressive liposuction of the waist and fequently a combination of both. In a Brazilian Butt Lift, volume is added to the butt cheeks making them rounder and fuller while fat is removed from the low back where its presence masks or takes away from the ideal round appearance of the buttocks. Unless you have a considerable amount of fat along the waist which your Plastic surgeon recognizes and is planning on removing, a BBL is not an ideal way, by itself, to give you an hourglass figure.

Good Luck.

Peter Aldea, MD
Memphis, TN

Fat transfer is great, but.....

+1

In order to see a significant difference you may need enough volume to move things around. Do you?

Robert M. Freund, MD

Fat transfer can improve your shape.

+1

Hi.

You have to have realistic expectations.  Even the best surgeon can only work with what you have.  Fat transfer from your inner thighs to your hips would change your shape towards what you want.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

No,fat transfer will not give an hourglass figure

+1

The shape of your chest, abdominal muscles, waist and hips detrrmine the hour glass figure.

Adding fat to the hip area will not change this--the figure is formed by your underlying bone and muscle structure.

Large volume fat transfer is very unreliable. Much of the fat simply dissolves and dies after transfer, in my opinion.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS