Fat transfer failure? I had the fat transfer procedure done this past March or the brazilian butt lift its called.

The procedure was a failure and there wasnt really any c hange in my butt size, and the doctor refunded me half of my money back. Would it be safe to get this done again, and what would be the best way to determine if the doctor is qualified and will give me what I want. I would hate to go thru this again and not get the results i expected.

+1
Hello, and thank you for reaching out to us. It is not uncommon for an individual to have a second Brazilian Butt Lift. This all depends on the fat reserves that you have on your body.

Since you have already had the procedure once before, I would make a few suggestions. First, make sure you visit a doctor that is board-certified in plastic surgery, and specializes in the Brazilian Butt Lift. Be sure to disclose that you have had the procedure before and you were not happy with the results. There are so many factors that go into the Brazilian Butt Lift via fat transfer, and usually I tell my patients that I aim to have 60% of the fat take.

Please let us know how your surgery goes.

Regards,
Dr. Mendieta

Fat transfer to the buttocks

+1

Fat transfer to the buttocks is an art and science. But sometimes fat take is not ideal . Most surgeons will tell patients that about 60-70% will take and if lucky it may even be hire.

Fat transfer failure?

+1

I'm sorry you were not satisfied with your surgery. There are different factors that can determine the success of fat grafting, and it is difficult to know what happened. That being said, it is possible to have additional fat grafting to the area if you have fat tissue to harvest. It is best to see a board-certified plastic surgeon who does fat grafting to the buttocks (and other areas of the body), and you can see photographs and talk to patients who have had the procedure done. Good luck!

Dr. Michelle Spring

Michelle Spring, MD

+1

You have to be willing to do your homework and find a surgeon who does these revisions every week and can get results.

I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure. Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.