Will Fat Transfer Fail for People with Psoriasis ?

Will fat transfer fail for people with psoriasis ? Does this depend on the severity of psoriasis and location of the site where fat is taken (whether it is close to psoriasis patches) ? Does it mean that people with psoriasis cannot have fat transfer ?

Fat Grafts in Patients with Psoriasis

+1

Fat grafts should survive in patients with psoriasis. Needles and blades should not be used in patches of active disease  during the procedure.

Fat Transfer and Psoriasis

+1

There are no studies that I have ever seen regarding fat transfer in patients with psoriasis.  Without such direct studies, and with our present understanding of psoriasis, I would see no reason why you should avoid fat transfer.  Of course I would not make the incisions in any active patches as that would predispose you to infection.

Yoash R. Enzer, MD

Web reference: http://www.doctorenzer.com

Providence Oculoplastic Surgeon