Fat Transfer to Face?

I'm 26 and heal very fast. I'm only eating liquids like soup and yogurt so as much fat can stay on my face from the fat transfer! How long till I can chew again without ruining the amount of fat that was put in ?

Fat transfer

+2

Dear Sarah101010,

• You should have a normal diet with enough calories, protein and fat to help you heal
  • Chewing will not affect where the fat was placed

Best regards,

Nima Shemirani

Fat transfer will naturally heal

+1

Minimizing motion around your mouth may or may not decrease the rate of absorption of fat.  However, you can not minimize it enough for there to be an ultimate difference in the end. Also, there is not enough good literature to show that decreasing motion by performing the actions you describe will actually help in any way. Continue to live your life as you normally would, because the amount of fat that will go away is impossible to control. I hope this helps. 

-Dr. Richard Zoumalan 

Facial Plastic Surgeon

Richard A. Zoumalan, MD