Would Facial Fat Transfer Benefit Someone With Muscular Dystrophy?

I have lost volume to the face due to age and having muscular dystrophy. Would a fat transfer work and how long will it last? Also please advise what the cost will be.

Muscular dystrophy and fat transfer

+2

Fat transfer would have cosmetic benefits to the volume loss you show on your photographs.  There is no medical or functional indication to suggest this procedure would affect the condition of muscular dystrophy other than a visual cosmetic rejuvenation.  Modern techniques may provide long term retention of results up to several years or more.  The costs will be more than injectional fillers and other nonsurgical techniques.  Your estimate will be on par with minimally invasive surgical rejuvenation procedures that run several thousands of dollars.  Bring your concerns to your surgeon for an in depth discussion of the risks and benefits so you may be able to have the best options to choose from.

Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer and Naturalfill

+2

Hi. As long as you have some fat that we can remove, you'd be excellent for the fat transfer. Your results should be permanent. I recommend Naturalfill, a procedure I have trademarked and I demonstrated on the Dr. Oz show this past week.

Roger Bassin, MD
Orlando Oculoplastic Surgeon

Fat injections can help revolumize

+1

There is a good chance that fat injections can help fill the volume defecit.  You may need more than one treatment separated months apart to get a full benefit.

Ronald Shelton, MD