Is a Fat Transfer a Viable Option?

I am 20years old boy , I have very thin face , even my body fat is about 3% but my face seem cupped around my teeth , I want to know if I gain some fat , does my face became normal at this age or I need fat transfer to my face ? and does my face volume remain after fat transfer ?

Fat injections

+1

You may not be a good candidate for fat injections as there may not be enough fat to harvest on your body to use for your face.  Furthermore, as you age, you may put more weight on your body than you now have and at that time, your facial fat may take on more fat making it look disporportionate from your body.  Correction of fat injections are not easy so you don't want to undertake this project unless you know the potential worst case scenarios such as lumps and bumps that you may want to get reduced.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/fillers/index.html

Best Treatment for Thin Faced 20 Year Old Male...Sculptra, Fillers, or Fat?

+1

Hi Jonass,

Fat transfer is an excellent procedure, but I would advise against it in the face of a thin 20 year old.  Fat can be unpredictable, and as young women get older and gain some weight, the living abdominal fat cells in the face can hypertrophy and distort the face.  You should consult with an experienced and skilled facial filler injecting physician who can guide you towards what is best for you.  I would use Sculptra.  Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Fat Transfer for Thin Face

+1

Fat is a viable option if you have adequate donor tissue. Fillers are another  reasonable choice.. Consult with a physician who has experience with these techniques.

Fat Transfer is a good option, or Sculptra

+1

Fat Transfer is a good option, or Sculptra.  For either please make sure you go to a very experienced injector.  If you are near the LA area feel free to come see me as I do fat transfers and Sculptra every day!

Fat transfer in a 20 year old male patient

+1
There is a saying when you get older that you need to choose between your figure and your face. What this means is that many women and men who are thin and going through the aging process will loose volume to the face. In fat transfer we replace that volume to add the fullness and youthful appearance that has been lost due to these changes. In your situation you are very young and some weight gain will probably be beneficial to you and fill in some of those areas. The other problem with such a low body fat % is that you would also be a very poor candidate for harvesting the fat from another area of the body. I hope this is helpful to you. If you would like to send a photograph To the link below I would be happy to further evaluate your situation. Best regards!

Web reference: http://www.michaelelammd.com

Fat Transfer in 20 Year Old Man

+1

Your face will likely fill out with some weight gain. How added weight would affect the rest of your body, you would know best.

Most of us here on this board are jealous of your 3% body fat ...  But the combination of young age and low body fat would also disqualify you from being a good fat transfer candidate - at least in my practice.

Worcester Facial Plastic Surgeon

Ask a Doctor

Get personalized answers from board-certified doctors. For free.