Cannula Marks After Fat Transfer: Did Not Know of This Possible Complication, but I Have It All Over!

6 weeks ago I had a full face fat transfer by a plastic surgeon/faces only doc who is known, I mean known to do fat grafting every working day. He is experienced and that is why I choice him. My skin is thin and you can absolutely see cannula marks all over my entire face...from lips to glabella...cheeks..eyes. EVERYWHERE. These marks look like wrinkles. I am in shock since I had no idea cross hatch marks were a possibility. But they're here, probably to stay. Horrible. I'm losing volume btw. ??

Fat transfer

+2

It is unusual to have canulamarks in fat transfer. Apiocture will help.

See your surgeon for explanation, diagnosis and treatment. If you lost faith then see  a BOARD CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON (AMERICAN BOARD OF PLASTIC SURHRY)

Canula Marks from Liposuction

+1

Cannula marks are rare, but I am seeing patients in consultation more and more who have this problem. Most of these patients have had liposuction by non plastic surgeons (usually doctors who call themselves "Cosmetic Surgeons") and often using Laser liposuction in their office.
These marks come from liposuctioning immediately under the surface of the skin, leaving tunnels/depressions where this superficial layer of fat has been removed. I have tried several things to fix this issue, sometimes with better success than others.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD

Cannula Track Marks 6 Weeks After Fat Transfer

+1

Hi,

I have not seen or heard of this adverse effect from fat transfer.  Best to consult with your surgeon.  Over time, the beneficial effects of the fat cells (stem cells?) should improve the quality of the overlying skin.  Discuss whether fractional laser resurfacing or V-beam laser would be helpful.  It is normal to lose volume after fat transfer as only about 40 to 60% of the fat transferred lives. Good luck and be well.

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD

Marks from cannulae after fat injections

+1

you should see your surgeon to ask why you see marks. Is it postinflammatory hyperpigmentation? Are they truly atrohpic (thinned-out) dermis areas? It is very rare to hear of cannula marks.

Ronald Shelton, MD