How Does Fat Transfer Compare to Juvederm/Radiesse? Are Fat Injections Permanent?

I have an upcoming TT/lipo of thighs scheduled. I have been getting Juvederm injections around nasolabial folds for almost two years and had Radiesse injection around cheekbones once over a year ago. I am almost 40 yrs old. I am considering doing fat transfer. Will I get similar results to Juvederm/Radiesse? Are there potential issues I should be concerned about?

Fat grafting for nasolabial folds and cheeks

+1

Fat grafting will give you a similar result as compared to Radiesse and Juvederm, but can give you a more natural and permanent result. The important thing to consider is that you will need to have someone who is experienced with facial fat grafting to give you a good result--one that will be free of irregularities and will be long lasting.

-Dr. Jamil Asaria

Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to nasolabial folds

+1

I would especially recommend trying fat transfer in your case because you are already getting the fat taken out, don't waste it! Be advised that fat has to be overfilled, so your face will be swollen for several weeks. It also may not all survive so you might still need to get fillers injected in the future. Uncommonly nodules or other visible or palpable irregularities may occur with fat injection.

Edmund Fisher, MD
Bakersfield Facial Plastic Surgeon

Fat Transfer vs. Fillers

+1

If you already use Dermal Fillers and know that you like the result.  Fat tranfer may be a more permanent answer for you.  If you are already having liposuction, it seems like the natural choice.  The results of fat transfer can be even more realistic and definitely more long-lasting than fillers.  I say, go for it!

Dustin L. Reid, MD