Fat Transfer Cheeksbones and Lips. What's Left After 3/4 Months is Pernament As in Forever?

Fat transfer is expensive because it should be pernament. So I expect that the fat that stays after 3/4 months is permanent especially because I am young I am 18 so I have not aging in my face and I am not planning to loose any weight so is that true?

FAT TRANSFER TO CHEEKS AND LIPS

+1

Edema or swelling from fat transfer to the face can be present up to six months following your procedure.  At the 4-month mark, we can assume that most of what you are seeing will be semi-permanent. 

Wayne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Successful fat grafting is "forever".

+1

There is a variable amount of fat that will take when fat grafting is done. This depends on the individual as well as many other factors including the technique that is used.

Generally after 3 to 4 months what remains is likely to remain permanently. There may be further slight changes, but at that point one can assume that what you see is what you get.

In the facial area fat grafting is likely to be more successful than anywhere else because of the very good blood supply in this area. I would suggest that you contact a plastic surgeon who has significant experience in this area.
Good luck

Rodney A. Green, MD
Cleveland Plastic Surgeon