Fat Transfer to Cheeks to Soften Jaw Line?

I am scheduled for surgery this month and have a few questions. I am having a Brow lift, Blepharoplasty, Laser resurfacing around eyes and Fat transfer to under eye area and cheeks. I have an angular jaw line and was told that adding a little to my cheeks would make the jaw line even better. Is this true? I am so very nervous about adding volume to my cheeks. Do you have any opinions or suggestions? I am approaching my 41st birthday and overall, I have aged well. Does this sound like too much for someone my age?

+2

Hi Photogirl,

As we age, we lose volume from our face. The first areas that show are the midface just below the eyes, and the earliest signs of jowling along the jaw line.

Fat transfer is a great technique to re-inflate the face. How much fat and where to put the fat to sculpt the face is really dependent upon the patient's anatomy and the surgeon's eye for beauty.

It doesn't sound like too much surgery as long as you end up with a natural appearing result.

Good luck and I wish you a rapid recovery with excellent results.

Dr. P

Treatment for the jaw line

+1

If you do not want more volume in your cheeks consider not doing this part now and waiting to see how you look. Some people can get a better jaw line by adding fat in the jaw line in front of and behind the jowl; but, I doubt you have a jowl at your young age.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com