Is Fat Transfer to Buttocks for Me?

Hi, I like the looks of butt implants but not the feel. I'm considering a fat transfer to the buttocks but I've had one consolation and was told I only had about 500cc's to transfer. Will that be enough to give me the desired results? (I'm talking Kim Kardashian results). Should I try and gain more weight? I was told 50-70% of the fat you transfer your body will reject. What are my options?

Fat Transfer and Big Results

+2

To get a significant result in most frames, you will need to have 1200 cc to 1500 cc transferred.  You can always get another opinion about the amount of fat you have to transfer.  Make sure that the plastic surgeon is board certified and has performed hundreds.

Brazilian Butt Lift, candidate

+1

The amount of fat that can be harvested as well as the amount that will take is highly variable an at best an educated guess.

Only 1/3 of the liposuction aspirate is usable for grafting.

Smaller volumes of injection are usually safer, more reliable and can reshape the buttocks as apposed to the size gained from the larger volume of fat injections and implants.

Please consult in person with an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon prior to making treatment decisions.

Luis A. Cenedese, MD, FACS

Fat injection to butt

+1

Dear HannahUtah,

Sorry about your experience with the feel of butt implants. There are different implants as far as softness  The silicone implants that I use are very soft, feel and look natural. Most importantly they do not disappear . Fat injection disappear completely or almost completely after 1 year. It is illogical to believe that large amount of fat can survive without circulation. Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced with butt implants. Ask to feel implants. Check the before and after pictures to make sure that you like the results.

Dr Widder

Shlomo Widder, MD
Washington DC Plastic Surgeon

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

500cc's of fat is similiar to the size of a gluteal implant.  It is nice when you have more fat available to transfer, to get an even more impressive result.  A Kim Kardashian result might be unrealistic, even when you approach the limit of volume that can be transferred.  However, the overall silhouette may be similar to Kim K.

Dennis Dass, MD

Is fat transfer for me?

+1

Buttock augmentation using fat transplantation is the preferred technique for uttock augmentation. You do need to have adequate donor fat. But how much you need depends on what the buttocks look like before surgery, the tightness of your skin and the desired result. In order to address the above you really need to be examined. You should have your surgery by a PS with extensive esperience with the BBL. Good luck!

George Lefkovits, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Without seeing you, it is impossible to determine how much fat you have available for transfer, but I agree that a minimum of 800cc per side is what I generally put in someone who wants a significant increase in size.  I disagree however with your statement that 50-70% will reject. This is not "rejection" but rather "death" of the transplanted fat cells. My patients experience about 30% fat loss. 50-70% is way too high and in my opinion any doctor who loses that much fat doesn't understand the science of fat transfer and shouldn't be doing it. You need to find a board certified plastic surgeon who does several of these per week. This is not always easy, which is why so many patients travel to have this done.

Matthew Schulman, MD

Weight gain for Brazilian butt lift

+1

Hello. Without a physical examination or at least pictures it is impossible to tell whether 500cc is enough fat to produce the results that you desire. If you wish to gain weight, you should be at a stable weight going into surgery. If you were to gain weight and then lose it after surgery, you may end up with lumpy areas that did not appear directly after surgery. On average only 30% of the fat transferred will die after the first three months, and the remaining fat will last for the rest of your life.

Jaime Perez, MD
Brazilian Butt Lift Specialist
Plastic Surgery Center of Tampa

Jaime Perez, MD