Is It Best to Do First Do a Fat Transfer to Buttock, then Later Do a Tummy Tuck and BA W/lift?

Promoted Local Answer Promoted local answers are based on Featured Doctor activity within your current location.

First consider Safety and Quality

+1

Although these procedures can be done together, I would recommend separating them into two procedures, Brazilian Butt Lift first, followed later by Tummy Tuck and Breast Aug/Lift.  Doing these procedures all at the same time will leave you very incapacitated during the recovery and at higher risk of having complications.  These are all intricate procedures requiring finesse and shouldn't be rushed. They each have different limitations and positioning issues after each procedure and it will be extremely limiting if you do the right thing for each procedure.    When I perform the Brazilian Butt Lift it takes me an average of 6-7 hours for this procedure alone.  This isn't a race to squeeze in as many surgeries as possible.  I believe in safety and Quality, not Quantity!   It can be done, but first think Safety and Qualilty

Web reference: http://www.DiscoverTheBeauty.com

Buttock Augmentation First

+1

It is best to do the buttock augmentation first so that we can use as much fat as we can for the buttock. The idea is to do this procedure first, let the skin shrink and then do the body contouring. It is NOT recommended to do these at the same time. There is not a good way to recover while with the buttock augmentation you cannot lay on your backside and with the tummy tuck/breast surgery you cannot lay on your front side. I would suggest looking at your budget, and see what you want to correct first.

Web reference: http://www.lookyounger.net

Abdominoplasty and buttock augmentation

+1

Your priorities should be safety first results second and other aspects third, fourth etc. so it is appropriate and important to ask your question. Not all tummy tucks are equal. Some take 2 or 3 hours and some take 4 or 5 hours. Also the amount of time it takes to do a breast lift will depend on your surgeon and the type of lift. Never having seen a photo or examined you it is impossible to estimate your surgeon time or what needs to be done.

The abdominal surgery needs to be done before the breasts even if done at the same surgery because of the tendency of stomach tightening to pull the breasts downward. Fat transfer to the buttock is better done together with the abdominoplasty portion as the majority of tummy tuck patients require some liposuction at the same time. It is this liposuctioned fat that is used to augment the buttocks.

Whether they should all be done at once or broken up into 2 procedures depends on how much operative time it will take and your general health condition. For elective cosmetic procedures if possible it is safer to keep the operative time within 5 to 6 hours. When you see prospective surgeons ask for the estimated operating room time and for safety reasons have them try to stay within these parameters. To maximize survival of the injected fat make sure your surgeon injects very small pieces of fat spread through different depths of the buttocks.

I hope you realize that this format of posting questions and receiving answers lacks the face to face direct communication required for you to make an informed decision regarding your surgery.

My response to your question/post does not represent formal medical advice or constitute a doctor patient relationship. You need to consult with i.e. personally see a board certified plastic surgeon in order to receive a formal evaluation and develop a doctor patient relationship.

BBL with tummy tuck, then breast augmentation (with or without lift)

+1

The brazilian butt lift is a butt augmentation procedure which uses your own regenerative fat to enhance your buttocks. In my own practice, it is very common for patients to request a brazilian butt lift and a tummy tuck in the same operative session.  I have performed this combination of procedures for many years and I assure you they can be safely performed together.

I would do the BBL and tummy tuck together, but the breast augmentation with (or without) a lift would have to be done in a second operative session a few months later.

The reason is that for the recovery of the BBL you have to be lying on your stomach, a position the tummy tuck tolerates quite well, as we do this combination fairly often. The abdominoplasty actually enhances the effect of the brazilian butt lift. Results are great! Flat stomach and perky buttocks.

However, I would never combine a BBL with a breast augmentation of any type int he same operative session because the recovery positions conflict with eachother.

Web reference: http://www.cosmeticsurg.net/blog/2010/03/21/can-a-tummy-tuck-be-performed-with-a-brazilian-butt-lift/

Brazilian buttock lift and tummy tuck done at same time

+1

If you are considering having a tummy tuck and fat transfer to the buttock, these procedures should be done at the same time so as to use the fat from your abdomen. This fat would ordinarily be disposed of in a tummy tuck, but if you are planning to increase your buttock size, this fat can be used for that purpose. If you have just a tummy tuck alone, that extra abdominal fat is gone, and you've "burnt a bridge" so to speak.

I would then do the breast surgery with a lift at a separate stage, as it is much safer from an anesthesia standpoint.

Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine if you are a good candidate for these procedures and also to discuss the timing/order of the surgeries.

Dr.Bruno

Web reference: http://www.williambrunomd.com

Order of Surgical Procedures incl Buttock Aug with Fat

+1

Indeed if you are considering autologous fat transfer for buttock augmentation, then you should have this done first.  The reason is, the surgeon needs to harvest (by way of liposuction) as much fat as he/she possible can from other areas of you body (especially the abdomen, waistline, and thighs) so that by the time the fat is specially prepared and injected he/she has at least 300+ cc's of pure fat, preferably more, to inject into each buttock cheek/muscle.  Over the first year about 50+% of that fat will melt away so the end result will be slight unless there is a large amount of fat put in initially.  If you are relatively slender then the only reliable long term result will come from using buttock implants as a means of augmentation.  Buttocks implants are a real and viable option as long as you go to an experienced board certified plastic surgeon that performs many of these.  Best of luck...RAS

Can I have a buttock augmentation with fat, tummy tuck, and breast augmentation with lift at the same time?

+1

Depending on your health, current size and weight, you may be a good candidate to have all the procedures done at the same time. Some of the benefits include:

• One recovery
  • One surgery
  • Better final contour of the buttock and abdomen
  • You'll save some money

The combination is safe as long as you are not obese, need for liposuction is less than 5 liters, surgery time is less than 6 hours, you have a board certified plastic surgeon, and your procedure is perform at a certified center or hospital. Hope this helps!

Web reference: http://www.elpasoplasticsurgery.com/about/dr-agullo

El Paso Plastic Surgeon