Are there Special Compression Garments for Fat Transfer to Butt?

hi, i am considering undergoing liposuction of my saddlebags(the part beneath my butt that looks like a roll) and transfer it to augment my butt. the only thing deterring me is the concern that any compression tights i wear would squeeze and therefore kill my freshly grafted fats. are there any special garments in the market?

Compression Garments for Fat Transfer to the Butt

+2

In reality, the compression garment if well fitted does not injure your freshly grafted fat cells but helps them. Your surgeon will arrange for special elastic garments which are usually placed on you in the surgery suite immediately after the procedure.

Compression Garment Instructions and Purpose after Brazilian Butt Lift
The short answer is that your butt needs to be inside the compression garment to minimize swelling.
Most important is to follow your surgeon's advise. He/She has specific reasons for their recommendations. In general this is what I recommend to my patients - wear their garments for a minimum of 3 weeks full time then for 12 hrs (day or night). if not a lot of redundant skin following liposuction to a maximum of 6 weeks. To be effective the garment needs to fit snug but not too tight as to cause pressure problems (inspect your skin if discomfort and when skin is exposed), or prevent you from sleeping. As the edema resolves it is common for patients to switch to a smaller garment that fits - A Spanx type garment would work rather than ordering one or paying more at your doctor;'s office.
Following Liposuction and Fat transfer procedures used in the Brazilian butt lift,  the compression garments are required for three main reasons:
It restricts the amount of edema that forms and hastens its resolution by mechanical pressure
It decreases the amount of bruising
It assists the loose skin in retracting or shrinking in the liposuction areas
The length of time that the garment is worn varies dependent on the amount of fat removed, the elastic nature of your skin, how much loose skin remains at the liposuction site or how much swelling from edema in the buttocks you have and other factors. Your surgeon would give you the best advise. However in general this is the routine for my patients.
The first garment should be fitted for you in the office prior to surgery and applied in the operating room. Often it will become loose as the edema is mobilized and then it will need to be replaced. Spanx is a reasonable compression  garment if it gives enough support and is the right size. I have my patents bring them in and confirm that it fits well.
Most important advise is to listen to your surgeon's advice as he best knows how much fat was removed in the donor sites and transferred into the buttocks, and other factors mentioned above

+1

There are indeed special compression garments to be used after liposuction and fat grafting procedures. These garments help to decrease the swelling that occurs and shape the body after the procedure.

Paul Vitenas, Jr., MD

Post operative compression garments

+1

there are specialized compression garments made for surgical patients including fat grafting patients, your surgeon should provide this information and provide the garment which is typically placed by the OR staff / nurses immediately following your procedure.

Sean A. Simon, MD