Fat Transfer to Breasts and Butt, Which Survival Rate is Higher?

i heard that the survival rate for breasts is higher. is that true?

Fat injections to breast or buttocks

+2

fat injections to the breasts may require more fat inections than buttock fat injections. There may be considerable improvement with breast fat injections but the injections to buttocks may require multiple injections.

+1

The opinions will vary on this one-I have not seen any research on this question but I would guess the difference would be minimal.

Kurtis Martin, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon

Fat transfer to the breasts and buttocks should both have excellent results.

+1

Fat injection to the buttocks and breasts should both have excellent results if performed by someone who is experienced on a patient who is a good candidate and who follows the postoperative instructions closely.  Poor technique by the surgeon can result in loss of the fat.  The wrong candidate can result in a suboptimal result.  Finally, a patient who does not follow their postoperative instructions closely can cause the fat to melt away also.  See a board-certified plastic surgeon who performs fat injections routinely.  He will let you know if you are a good candidate and what you will have to do after surgery to get the best result.  I perform fat injections on the face and body and both can have excellent results.  Not many surgeons are performing fat injection to the breasts for cosmetic augmentation yet as there is some controversy about the safety of this procedure.  I'm sure this will be resolved soon and fat injection for cosmetic breast augmentation will become more popular.  Good luck!

Dr. Parham Ganchi

Parham Ganchi, PhD, MD
Wayne Plastic Surgeon