Got Fat Transfer to Breast, Preparing for Second Round, Best Practice for Aftercare?

I recently got fat transfer to breast and had a small increase in size.I did not use the Brava or any pump prior to the sx which now i am regretting.My doc saved the fat for touchs ups by freezing it with certain rules to make it viable. I dont have a brava, but have a noogleberry which is a MANUAL breast pump. Will this be sufficient for use prior to touch up sx or should i get the brava? also,i think i will need a small lipo touch up, can i get this at 3months postop? thanks in advance!

I recommend no excessively tight clothing after fat grafting!

+1
Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Fat grafting is a valuable tool in breast surgery. This technique has gained more popularity over the past 7 years. There are many techniques used to harvest the fat, process the fat and then re-inject the fat. Conventional suction lipectomy is performed with a small diameter cannula, processed by separating the liquid and fibrous tissue from the fat, and then placed into syringes for re-injection or through a closed system.

Brava for fat grafting to the breast. The horse is out of the barn

+1

You have a great question and quite a dilemna.  The Brava device is the best way to put your best foot forward with fat transfers to the breast.  It upgrades the vascularity of the recipient site and helps to make any fat transfer more successful.  Ideally it would have been better to use the Brava prior to your main fat transfer.  At this juncture, if you are just going to have a small amount of fat regrafted, it is probably not worth the expense to purchase and use the Brava.  Further, if you are using frozen fat for the secondary procedure, the viability of that fat is usually suboptimal, so your expected improvement following a touch up with frozen fat may be modest at best.

So, if you are just having a minor touchup with frozen fat i would not recommend going through with the Brava as the expense will not justify the modest result.  If however, you are going to go through another major fat grafting with a lot of fresh harvested fat, then i would definitely purchase the Brava.  You will get a much more reliable and gratifying result.  Good luck!

Gilbert Lee, MD

Got Fat Transfer to Breast, Best Practice for Aftercare?Answr:

+1

I a so skeptical of fat transfer to the breast to give anything but the small result that you have noticed and the need for continued expense and treatment. If you are going to try the Brava system, please let us all know your experience because mine so far is negative. I have done multiple implants on failed fat transfers but then, maybe I only see the ones that don't work!

John J. Corey, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon

Brava versus noogleberry

+1

Brava's been studied scientifically- we know it works.  Noogleberry, while cheap to buy, has no studies to definitively prove that it works "just the same" as a brava device.

If it were up to me, I'd recommend the proven product (= Brava) until Noogleberry comes up with their own studies.

Thomas Fiala, MD

Negative pressure protocol

+1

The best aftercare program I know of is associated with the BRAVA program.  The drawback is you have to buy the BRAVA system in order to get the protocol.

Go to the following web site as a good resource.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

Fat transfer for breast

+1

Fat transfer to the breast for augmentation is still a bit controversial.  The take is not perfect and often requires multiple treatments. It is unclear if the BRAVA system enhances take.  You should discuss this with your surgeon.

BRAVA

+1

You have excellent questions that should be addressed to your surgeon.  He is in the best position to answer these concerns since he performed your original surgery.  The Brava is an excellent device to increase the circulation to the breast tissue, temporarily increase the breast size to improve the fat take or survival.  It allows for more volume increase with fat transfer.  The Brava is not the easiest device to wear but if tolerated can improve the results.

Todd B. Koch, MD
Buffalo Plastic Surgeon